Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

richwoodrocket

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 7, 2014
Buffalo, NY
Mods, not sure if this is the right place. Feel free to move it to the correct place if isnt.
I play farming simulator on my PC but i would like to play it on my couch in my living room on front of the tv. I bought farming simulator on steam, and with the latest update to steam, steam stream was introduced. I know you can download steam for Linux, but I can't figure out how to or even if it will work on Debian Linux. My idea was to attach my raspberry pi to my tv and it would stream my computer screen to there and I would plug my 360 controller into the raspberry pi. Any thoughts? Is it possible to get steam on the raspberry pi? Google dosent leave me with very much. I also don't have an nvidia card required for limelight, so that won't work. Thanks.
Hate on farming simulator all you want but I like it and that's what I play. Well, along with some other games on steam.

richwoodrocket

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 7, 2014
Buffalo, NY
Care to share?

Sure! I already have HDMI run from my PC to my tv in the other room. It's ran in the basement over. I also have Ethernet ran the same way. Well, they come out to behind the tv but not in the den where the PC is. I'm gonna wait to run them up until we redo the den with hardwood floors so we don't have to move everything around just for this. Plus I have no immediate need for Ethernet behind the tv as everything I have there can use wifi ie Apple TV wii DVD player. I am thinking about using the Ethernet to extend the USB, because I can just use wifi on those devices instead. I found thee little connectors which I think would work in my situation. I don't need a ton of bandwidth as it would just be an xbox 360 controller so I think these will work fine.
http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=103&cp_id=10303&cs_id=1030313&p_id=6042&seq=1&format=2
abyre6u6.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.