Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

suburbia

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 21, 2008
Haven't downloaded on Steam for over a couple of years now. Just bought Shadow of Tomb Raider via eBay reseller, no issue with the key code. However, when attempting to download: "No internet connection". My Steam account is online and Firewall isn't blocking Steam extensions.

Tried to create a new account to use "family sharing" hoping that the new account would download but unsuccessful in even creating an account: "Your account creation request failed, please try again later."

Is this an issue on Steam's end?

TIA!

mi7chy

macrumors G4
Oct 24, 2014
Have seen Steam download throttling cutting off internet so try disabling it. Also, MacOS will disable WIFI when screen sleeps. To prevent that run 'caffeinate' from terminal if on battery or set the screen to never turn off.

Reactions: suburbia

Irishman

macrumors 68040
Nov 2, 2006
Haven't downloaded on Steam for over a couple of years now. Just bought Shadow of Tomb Raider via eBay reseller, no issue with the key code. However, when attempting to download: "No internet connection". My Steam account is online and Firewall isn't blocking Steam extensions.

Tried to create a new account to use "family sharing" hoping that the new account would download but unsuccessful in even creating an account: "Your account creation request failed, please try again later."

Is this an issue on Steam's end?

TIA!

Have you tried redownloading a different game just to make sure your Steam Library works?

If not, maybe restart your Mac?

Reactions: suburbia

suburbia

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 21, 2008
Thank you for the suggestions gentlemen.

Think a reinstall of the Steam app is in order because it's not budging and the Steam servers seems to be running fine LOL

Reactions: Irishman

Deedeekay

Cancelled
Aug 18, 2021
Did you ever fix this? I've tried everything I can think of. Restarting. Reinstalling. Turning off firewalls. This is the only app I have an issue with on downloads so it's very frustrating to have to jump through all these damn hoops just to get something as basic as downloading working.

suburbia

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 21, 2008
Yes and no.

The Steam on my internal SSD was able to successfully download the game. But it’s still “queuing” at 0% on my external SSD, of which I use as my main drive. Dragging the icon from the internal drive where the downloaded game resides onto my dock (of the external drive); launching Steam on my external drive; and clicking on the icon will successfully open the game. It’s an irritating workaround, but it works. Until I can figure a more streamlined solution, this is it.

boomboom69

macrumors newbie
Sep 8, 2023
I found on my Mac with the network interface limit ip tracking feature enabled I was getting issues with downloads not working. Turning this off fixed them. Store pages etc... loaded fine with it turned on. Also cloud sync was having issues with the setting turned on. This is turned on by turning on iCloud Private Relay.

stevewayment

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2012
I found on my Mac with the network interface limit ip tracking feature enabled I was getting issues with downloads not working. Turning this off fixed them. Store pages etc... loaded fine with it turned on. Also cloud sync was having issues with the setting turned on. This is turned on by turning on iCloud Private Relay.
This was it for me. Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.