Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macrumors member
Original poster
Hey guys I compiled videos from pretty much all the Source engine games and put them together into one video with FRAPS running at the top to show the fps in each game on my 2.4ghz MBP.. I posted it on YouTube here:

Too bad the sound started trickling out of sync with the video.. Oh well. Not much I can do.

If you guys have any questions or comments, feel free to say what you please.

I'm considering making a Battlefield 2 & 2142 video to show the FPS, but i'm gone for a few weeks so unless I have internet connection I won't be able to make one. I'll try to keep up to date with this forum and reply as much as possible.

Thanks

zeppelin68

macrumors regular
Mar 25, 2007
awesome. Thanks for the video, my Macbook Pro(2.4) hasn't shipped yet so I've been dying to see its gaming action.

macrumors member
Original poster
awesome. Thanks for the video, my Macbook Pro(2.4) hasn't shipped yet so I've been dying to see its gaming action.

Congratulations on the purchase. You will be more than happy you spent the extra money =]. Well worth it..

Sucks you have to wait for it to ship though. I'm very happy I went out and just bought it in person. Zero wait time! The worst part was the drive there, but I can only image yourself.. It must be like, 900 of my driving trips..

Mac.Jnr

macrumors member
May 26, 2007
Cool! I wonder how Crysis will run? :)

What were your res and settings?

Great job!

MAW

macrumors regular
Apr 29, 2007
Los Angeles
great post 23027!!!

been waiting for the "orange box" from steam for some time now and DON'T want to waste the gameplay on my xbox 360 (BIG mouse/keyboard fan here!!!)

omgwut

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2006
I just want to thank you for taking the time to compile these videos and throw them up on Youtube for us to see. I've been looking around for awhile for some different videos of Source games running on the new MacBook Pro and haven't had much luck until now.

Steam games are mostly all I play on Windows, and this really helped in solidifying my purchase decision. I love the performance! Thanks again, and I can't wait to run Half-Life 2: Episode Two on my MBP!

macrumors member
Original poster
I just want to thank you for taking the time to compile these videos and throw them up on Youtube for us to see. I've been looking around for awhile for some different videos of Source games running on the new MacBook Pro and haven't had much luck until now.

Steam games are mostly all I play on Windows, and this really helped in solidifying my purchase decision. I love the performance! Thanks again, and I can't wait to run Half-Life 2: Episode Two on my MBP!

Thanks man.. That's exactly why I made this video, because I was someone like you.

I haven't installed HL2: Episode One, but i'll do that when I come home and make a video of that to show how well that runs.

ajgrout

macrumors newbie
Jul 24, 2007
Question

I am planning on getting a macbook and I was wondering if it would be able to run counter-strike source and other fps game smoothly online? What kind of fps should I expect? (I'll probably get the macbook with 2GB of memory)

macrumors member
Original poster
I am planning on getting a macbook and I was wondering if it would be able to run counter-strike source and other fps game smoothly online? What kind of fps should I expect? (I'll probably get the macbook with 2GB of memory)

Are you talking about the MacBook or MacBook Pro..?

You won't get a lot on the MacBook.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.