Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

deckard666

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 16, 2007
Falmouth
Just brilliant - nuff said really and 14 quid !!

http://www.nintendolife.com/reviews/switch-eshop/steamworld_dig_2

large.jpg

SteamWorld-Dig-2-Screenshot-PAX-West-2017-5.jpg

Reactions: MRU

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Just bought it too, I didn't play the original but all I hear is good stuff. And hey if I don't like it you can 'return' your game on Switch in the EU (maybe it's our laws... maybe it's also available everywhere else too)

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Just bought it too, I didn't play the original but all I hear is good stuff. And hey if I don't like it you can 'return' your game on Switch in the EU (maybe it's our laws... maybe it's also available everywhere else too)
I didn't know that. How do you do that?

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
I didn't know that. How do you do that?
In the email receipt you get there’s details on how to get a return. I think the only limit is that you have to ask for the refund within 14 days of buying the game. They don’t mention play time but I’m sure they have one. Anyways, the email includes a template of what you have to send in an email to them. I haven’t tried it yet, but I like it because I can buy games safe knowing if don’t like them I can just get it refunded.

Tinmania

macrumors 68040
Aug 8, 2011
Aridzona
Definitely don't have the option to return games here in the US. But this game at least is only $20 so not much of a risk.

I bought it, and so far it seems good. Like someone mentioned in another thread I thought it was kind of like Dig Dug. But it's really not the same at all (unless I don't remember Dig Dug).

Mike

deckard666

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 16, 2007
Falmouth
Definitely don't have the option to return games here in the US. But this game at least is only $20 so not much of a risk.

I bought it, and so far it seems good. Like someone mentioned in another thread I thought it was kind of like Dig Dug. But it's really not the same at all (unless I don't remember Dig Dug).

Mike

Very unlike DigDug which is a very old arcade game from yesteryear, partly like BoulderDash tbh

Tinmania

macrumors 68040
Aug 8, 2011
Aridzona
Very unlike DigDug which is a very old arcade game from yesteryear, partly like BoulderDash tbh
Oh yea, definitely nothing like DigDug.... And I am really enjoying it. I played it first on handheld mode and it was fun. But playing on the big screen is really nice.

Spoiler Alert:

I'm at the part after killing the prophet, where you go without your sidekick--and no map.

Mike

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.