Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ParkerWants@Know

macrumors newbie
Jan 31, 2016
Hello,

Ive done a lot of searching on the internet to try and find a steering wheel that is compatible with Macs.
I personally have a Mac mini and would mainly want to use the steering wheel for eurotruck simulator.
I would prefer if it had a clutch and H-shifter, however, if there is not a compatible one with such extras then I shall deal without them.
Thanks for any help of advice,

Rosie
So i can just buy the g27 and go straight to playing Euro Truck Sim 2. Or do i need download a bunch of stuff to get to work.

edddeduck

macrumors 68020
Mar 26, 2004
So i can just buy the g27 and go straight to playing Euro Truck Sim 2. Or do i need download a bunch of stuff to get to work.

It will likely work in basic mode but the complex options like Gearsticks will likely not work. I'd ask the Euro Truck Sim 2 developers as they should know for sure.

imacken

macrumors 65816
Feb 28, 2010
How did you install a Kext file om el capitan Ive been trying for days now and can't get it to work. is there a guide somewhere ? did you disable SIP?
Hmmm, my EC was installed on top of Yosemite so the kext would already have been there.
Are you saying that something like Kext Utility doesn't work? I would think it's just a question of disabling SIP, installing the kext and re-enabling SIP.

robblrider

macrumors newbie
Apr 28, 2016
Hmmm, my EC was installed on top of Yosemite so the kext would already have been there.
Are you saying that something like Kext Utility doesn't work? I would think it's just a question of disabling SIP, installing the kext and re-enabling SIP.

well I just realized that the kext is actually installed, I was looking in the wrong library... But the Force Feedback still doesnt work :( I cant enable it in the optins the checkbox is greyed out.

mkh0151

macrumors newbie
Jun 28, 2016
I'm running 10.10.5, is the logitech G27 compatible with that version?
I want to play Farming Simulator 15 with it.

And is the logitech driving force GT also compatible?

Hi, How did you get on?
I have same issue.
Macbook air mid 2012 OS X 10.10.5
Would like to play Grid Autosport with
Logitech driving force GT.
Can anybody help me get the wheel to work?
Any help much appreciated.
Many thanks

imacken

macrumors 65816
Feb 28, 2010
The driving force GT is an early wheel to the force GT. can anybody help?
Sorry, I don't know what you mean. You have a Driving Force GT, yes? Have you looked at the link I posted? On that site, it is clear that the Driving Force GT is supported out of the box by Feral in GRID Autosport.
I might be missing something, but I can't see what your issue is.

mkh0151

macrumors newbie
Jun 28, 2016
Sorry, I don't know what you mean. You have a Driving Force GT, yes? Have you looked at the link I posted? On that site, it is clear that the Driving Force GT is supported out of the box by Feral in GRID Autosport.
I might be missing something, but I can't see what your issue is.
Sorry my friend. I have the "LOGITECH PS2 GRAN TURISMO 3 A-SPEC GT FORCE FEEDBACK WHEEL" I don't believe it is the one you refer to. Mine is the GT Force. Can anyone help?

mkh0151

macrumors newbie
Jun 28, 2016
Have you actually tried the wheel with GRID Autosport?
Yes I have.
I have also tried installing LogitechForceFeedback.kext and
LogitechGamingInstaller neither of which seem to have helped.

When in game the wheel input is not recognised either.
Does anyone have a work around for this older wheel the "GT Force" from circa 2003. It has a USB connection so I thought the software update/patch/3rd party software may help but I can't get it to work.
Can anyone help?
Imacken many thanks for your help with this it is appreciated.

imacken

macrumors 65816
Feb 28, 2010
Are the wheel and the button presses recognised in something like Controllers Lite? (Get it on MAS if you haven't already got it.)

mkh0151

macrumors newbie
Jun 28, 2016
Imacken, Thats great they are all recognised. What do I do now?
[doublepost=1467141133][/doublepost]PS.. also ....
On box it is a GT Force within Controller Lite it is a
Wingman Formula Force GP

imacken

macrumors 65816
Feb 28, 2010
Not sure, but I'm surprised that you are getting nothing in game if the basic controls are working. Drop Feral Support an email. They are incredibly helpful. You can contact them via the Support tab in the game launcher.

mkh0151

macrumors newbie
Jun 28, 2016
Imacken, Will the full version of the Controller App help me?
I have only tried Controller Lite?

imacken

macrumors 65816
Feb 28, 2010
Wouldn't think so. Your best bet is Feral. They are very helpful. If that wheel can work somehow, they will know!

Henwem

macrumors newbie
Nov 14, 2016
Please let us know how that wheel works out for you when you have a chance.
Hi, I know his is a very old post and was hoping to still going to get an answer. I read the previous conversation and I as well am looking for a wheel but can't afford a g27. Do you know any other wheels?

axy60

macrumors newbie
Sep 7, 2012
near equator
I went with
(4) Gaming PC.
Brilliant idea!
[doublepost=1480755681][/doublepost]
...I as well am looking for a wheel but can't afford a g27. Do you know any other wheels?
If you don't want to follow DesertS I would suggest the Driving Force GT controller; it's said to work with OSX and Driving Simulators as STDS. As it has been on the market for a while you might find a used one for a good price.

Last edited:
Reactions: Henwem
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.