Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sunday Ironfoot

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 14, 2011
Can anyone recommend a steering wheel that supports force feedback on macOS, specifically for the game F1 2016? Does either the Logitech G29 or G920 work?

I went on Feral's website (who did the Mac port) here http://support.feralinteractive.com/en/mac-linux-games/f12016/faqs/wheels/ and they note the following:

NOTE: Force Feedback (FFB) may not work in F1™ 2016. Force Feedback is supported by F1™ 2016. Unfortunately, many hardware manufacturers do not provide Force Feedback drivers for Mac OS X.

...they say "many" manufacturers, not ALL, so I'm wondering if there's any that DO support force feedback on Mac. Logitech DOES provide a G29/G920 driver for Mac.

My local PC World store is selling the G29 for £180, so tempted, hmmm :)

imacken

macrumors 65816
Feb 28, 2010
All I can say is that my Logitech G27 works perfectly in Feral games, including F1 2016, and has Force Feedback.
I have the old Logitech FFB kext installed, but not sure if the newer games need it. Older games do though.

Reactions: Sunday Ironfoot

Sunday Ironfoot

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 14, 2011
After doing a little digging, turns out that Feral embed FFB steering wheel drivers directly into the games themselves for popular wheels. I tried my ageing Logitech Driving Force GT with F1 2016, and it works perfectly. I tried it with Dirt 3: Complete Edition, and no FFB support in that one unfortunately. Hoping it works with the upcoming Dirt Rally Mac port.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.