Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CobraPA

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 12, 2011
Lansdale, PA, USA
Hi all,

I'd like to announce Marcher, a step counter Apple Watch complication.

IMG_0893.jpg IMG_0894.jpg

I couldn't find a simple watch complication that showed steps with a nice icon, so here is Marcher. It shows steps every day and resets overnight for the next day. Updates occur every 10-20 minutes and use the internal step counter of the watch, so do not rely on your phone being available. There are similar complications available on all watch face types. As updates occur, they are loaded in to time travel, so you can look back over the day and see previous step counts.

The app lists at $1.99 and is available in the app store now. https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/marcher/id1053711438?mt=8.

Feedback is appreciated. If you do get the app, and see any problems, I'd love to hear from you before you post negative feedback. There are a couple bad reviews on the app store, but the beta testers liked the app and it worked well for them.

To start things off, here are 5 promo codes. You know the rules... please post up if you use a code so others know.

6KRA6MY4RJTL - Used
A9YXT3LWXPJH - Used
XNK47WFPHTFK - Used
PWMM6X4FPH36 - Used
H7KPW34J7NP4 - Used

Thanks for checking out Marcher!

Last edited:
Reactions: alamperti

mbern1008

macrumors regular
Nov 5, 2013
Do you need any additional testers. I've tried a few of the step counters for complications and none of them have worked very well so I am hesitant to spend $1.99 for just a single feature

CobraPA

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 12, 2011
Lansdale, PA, USA
Not immediately, but if you have some questions or problems with other apps we can discuss it here. The couple complaints I've seen have related to not getting step updates. I suspect this comes from wanting steps to update as you walk, which isn't currently supported by Apple. The fastest you can update steps on a watch face is approximately 10 minutes currently. I think some people get frustrated when they look at step apps and find they don't see them update in the first couple minutes.

Unfortunately, there also seem to have been some install and update bugs in early versions of Apple WatchOS which did cause updates not to occur or installs not to be success. This lead to some early problems with app reliability.

Reactions: mbern1008

tkukoc

Cancelled
Sep 16, 2014
Working great on the latest beta build for the watch...well it was working great.. now today it won't update. :(

-Update- 07/22/2016, back to working. Took it to a baseball game and walked the stadium, everything updated perfectly. :)

Last edited:

CobraPA

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 12, 2011
Lansdale, PA, USA
Working great on the latest beta build for the watch...well it was working great.. now today it won't update. :(

-Update- 07/22/2016, back to working. Took it to a baseball game and walked the stadium, everything updated perfectly. :)

Thanks for the report. Is that on watchOS Beta 3? I suspect problems there, as Apple has changed the update mechanism. It's good news if it is working.

tkukoc

Cancelled
Sep 16, 2014
Thanks for the report. Is that on watchOS Beta 3? I suspect problems there, as Apple has changed the update mechanism. It's good news if it is working.
Yes, it's WatchOS Beta 3. I didn't have an issues this past weekend with the application, seemed to update perfectly. :)

aldoF

macrumors regular
Apr 16, 2011
hmmm...bought it but it's not showing up on the complications menu so can't add it to the face, suggestions?

CobraPA

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 12, 2011
Lansdale, PA, USA
There's a small update on the app store, iPhone app shows distance in localized units now. m & km for metric areas and ft & miles for english based unit areas.

Galfridus

macrumors newbie
Aug 22, 2006
There are similar complications available on all watch face types.

Does not show up in the top slot of the Motion face. :(

Last edited:

Jimbo Asprilla

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2009
just purchased and installed, the iPhone app just shuts down as soon as I open it, so far the only thing populating on my watch complication is the footprint icon, if I tap on the icon it says "Today's steps by the hour updating..."

Also I don't see Marcher in my iPhone Motion & Fitness permissions, should it be?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.