Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Apple!Freak

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 11, 2005
East Coast
Okay, I have a pair of Klefs that I want to hook up to an iBook. Now, they don't use RCA-connectors; just normal speaker wire. I remember seeing an adaptor for about $50 a while backt which you plug the standard speaker wire into and at the other side it provides a mini interconnect which plugs into the iBook. Anyone know of this? A link would be much appreciated!

WinterMute

Moderator emeritus
Jan 19, 2003
London, England
Don't know what Klefs are, but if they are standard unpowered speakers (i.e. they have no amps built in) then you're unlikely to get much joy out of that connection.

You'll need to connect the output of the iBook to an amp and the amp to the speakers, the iBooks output is designed to drive headphones or be amplified.

You did mean output in the title didn't you, not input? You'll get a lovely version of silence connecting them to the input, soothing but a bit dull after a while. ;) :D

I've changed it over.

eleveneastgate

macrumors 6502
Jan 23, 2005
Griffin PowerWave

Griffin PowerWave is what you want...

iB USB ---> PowerWave (w/ speaker break-out box)---> Speakers.

BTW, they are now discontinued, but you can find one on eBay, ;)

I use mine with some Apple Pro Speakers, and they ROCK!!!

Apple!Freak

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 11, 2005
East Coast
eleveneastgate said:
Griffin PowerWave is what you want...

iB USB ---> PowerWave (w/ speaker break-out box)---> Speakers.

BTW, they are now discontinued, but you can find one on eBay, ;)

I use mine with some Apple Pro Speakers, and they ROCK!!!

Okay, in this picture, see the piece in the bottom right hand corner? That's the only thing I need. Know where I could get it?

http://www.turntablelab.com/apple/pics/griffin-powerwave-cu.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.