Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macman2790

macrumors 6502a
Sep 4, 2006
Texas
i personally thought that it wasn't funny at all. I happened to be walking by the living room and saw a guy imitating steve jobs. He said some things that steve jobs said but it wasn't one bit funny, they did a horrible job. I haven't seen SNL lately but man i haven't watched it since the late 90's, which was when it started getting boring and not funny. Sorry if i offended you guys, but to tell you the truth SNL is getting old, and so is MTV which is usually TV without the M if you know what i mean.

Dahl

macrumors 6502a
Nov 21, 2002
L.A.
i personally thought that it wasn't funny at all. I happened to be walking by the living room and saw a guy imitating steve jobs. He said some things that steve jobs said but it wasn't one bit funny, they did a horrible job. I haven't seen SNL lately but man i haven't watched it since the late 90's, which was when it started getting boring and not funny. Sorry if i offended you guys, but to tell you the truth SNL is getting old, and so is MTV which is usually TV without the M if you know what i mean.

"horrible job"?... Don't know about that. I thought it was funny and the joke was an extention of an earlier widely known joke about the iPod.

Teh Don Ditty

macrumors G4
Jan 15, 2007
Maryland
macman2790 - you nailed it! SNL and MTV have been on the decline since the 90s. MTV isn't even MTV. It's more like real world/road rules challenge part 23422352342342334. I WANT MY (ORIGINAL) MTV!

Dahl

macrumors 6502a
Nov 21, 2002
L.A.
macman2790 - you nailed it! SNL and MTV have been on the decline since the 90s. MTV isn't even MTV. It's more like real world/road rules challenge part 23422352342342334. I WANT MY (ORIGINAL) MTV!
Didn't we all know that already?
MTV hasn't been about music for a loooong time, it's old news. If you watch MTV2 you will find music, but who cares about MTV anymore. True music fans gave up on TV a decade ago and went online.

SNL greatness comes and goes, it really depends on the cast. Will Ferrell was on the show from 1995-2002 and most of his work there was very funny.
So while if may not be super funny all the time anymore, there are still flashes of greatness here and there.

Teh Don Ditty

macrumors G4
Jan 15, 2007
Maryland
i know we know this. I don't watch MTV all 10 channels of them. SNL is eh, like you said. The high point for SNL for me (generation wise) was when Farley,Spade,Sandler et al were on it. Good times.

Westside guy

macrumors 603
Oct 15, 2003
The soggy side of the Pacific NW
i know we know this. I don't watch MTV all 10 channels of them. SNL is eh, like you said. The high point for SNL for me (generation wise) was when Farley,Spade,Sandler et al were on it. Good times.

That time period was pretty good. If you're old enough to have seen the original cast, though... they were the funniest group ever (although I think Kevin Nealon and Norm MacDonald have been the best Weekend Update anchors by a long shot).

Rather than rehashing what was original in the 1970s, SNL should consider trying something different. I tried watching the show recently, after having not seen if for a few years. It's terrible!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.