Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

edtorious

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 14, 2007
San Diego, California
I'm disappointed :( that they still didn't have found a way to put in music controls a shortcut or easy access to Equalizer settings? :confused: I hate it when I switch to different categories of music that I still have to go to settings to change my Equalizer settings :mad: Can't they put this in Control Center?

eclipse01

macrumors 68030
May 16, 2011
Eau Claire, WI
I'm disappointed :( that they still didn't have found a way to put in music controls a shortcut or easy access to Equalizer settings? :confused: I hate it when I switch to different categories of music that I still have to go to settings to change my Equalizer settings :mad: Can't they put this in Control Center?

I didn't know anyone used the equalizer in IOS:eek:

ra4oasis

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2010
I think the VAST majority of iPhone users never touch the equalizer settings. I know about it, but I never adjust it.

djtech42

macrumors 65816
Jun 23, 2012
Mason, OH
Even though I personally don't use it, it would be a good thing to add into the music player. They should also add custom EQ in Settings. You would just tap create new preset, and it would bring up sliders for the frequencies. You could save and name the preset.

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
Most tech sites recommend turning off the Equalizer because it uses additional cpu/battery power to process the input signal.

Polaroid

macrumors 65816
Oct 1, 2013
Tbh, there are some amazing music apps built to use custom Equalizers, I wouldn't even touch apples in settings, EQu, CanOpener etc are great apps for this if you want to use them :)

edtorious

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 14, 2007
San Diego, California
Believe me, the sounds are better using the Equalizer, I can preset the songs I have in iTunes but for iTunes Radio or any other Radio apps, you can't and that's when I really need it and it would be really convenient to have a shortcut to the settings.

Polaroid

macrumors 65816
Oct 1, 2013
Believe me, the sounds are better using the Equalizer, I can preset the songs I have in iTunes but for iTunes Radio or any other Radio apps, you can't and that's when I really need it and it would be really convenient to have a shortcut to the settings.

Even though I don't use and like I said use apps for this - it should be included built into music app for easier access.... does seem stupid having it buried in settings lol

Or atleast have it in Control center lol XD

MozMan68

macrumors demi-god
Jun 29, 2010
South Cackalacky
As soon as they would make it easily accessible, there would be a ton of calls to the help line and threads galore on here from pepople asking how to get it back to normal because they screwed up their sound.....or some auidiophile dickwad would be on here claiming how Apple doesn't have the proper range or it needs MORE adjustment.

It's a phone that plays music...and it does give you SOME adjustment (probably more than most music players). Deal... ;)

Polaroid

macrumors 65816
Oct 1, 2013
As soon as they would make it easily accessible, there would be a ton of calls to the help line and threads galore on here from pepople asking how to get it back to normal because they screwed up their sound.....or some auidiophile dickwad would be on here claiming how Apple doesn't have the proper range or it needs MORE adjustment.

It's a phone that plays music...and it does give you SOME adjustment (probably more than most music players). Deal... ;)

There's a default option to reset it :eek: can't be that stupid to miss it - although I can see the Audiophile complaints lol

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.