Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

baxlobs

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 21, 2012
Suffolk UK
My wife has an iPad3 & iPhone5s which are still on 7.1.2. We thought we still had a few days before 9.0 appeared but Apple seems to have jumped the gun.

Is there still some way to upgrade to 8.4.1 as going to 9.0 seems likely to give problems for a while until they get the bugs out?

baxlobs

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 21, 2012
Suffolk UK
Avarize
Many thanks, have started the downloads, hope I can get them both before Apple shuts the door.

Avarize

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2012
Avarize
Many thanks, have started the downloads, hope I can get them both before Apple shuts the door.

Very welcome, For future reference the signing windows typically are not an immediate concern after a release for a few days but Apple will not give any warning. Also better to be on a lower version if any doubts as once the signing window closes you can only go forward.

yoimrae

macrumors member
Jul 11, 2014
Hong Kong
Yes it is still possible, install iOS 8.4.1 ASAP. I downgraded my 5s and mini 2 from iOS 9 and everything is buttery smooth again.

baxlobs

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 21, 2012
Suffolk UK
Just upgraded the iPhone 5s, all went fine, will do the iPad tomorrow as she is using it at present. Thanks again for your help.

IPad done now, all OK

Last edited:

Solver

macrumors 65816
Jan 6, 2004
USA
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.