Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kirkman

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 27, 2002
I'm still seeking a solution to a problem I've been having with exporting DV movies from iMovie 3 to my Sony HandyCam TRV-280. When we try to export movies to the camera, the resulting video is very choppy and the audio frequently goes pretty badly out of sync.

For the record, the Pismo is 500MHz with 768 megs of ram on OS X 10.3.9. I'm using the latest version of QuickTime, also.

It's been suggested that I downgrade to iMovie 2.11, but I don't have a way to obtain that version since I have Panther, which includes iMovie 3. Apple doesn't have 2.11 available for download.

So, my questions:

* Does anyone know of a place where I can get iMovie 2.11?

* Can anyone tell me if iMovie versions 5 or 6 are more stable/usable for a G3 Pismo Powerbook?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

homerjward

macrumors 68030
May 11, 2004
fig tree
you probably need a faster, external hard drive. the problem is, the slow hard drive in your laptop can't keep up with the video so it drops frames, etc.

or perhaps you processor can't keep up, but that's unlikely.

Kirkman

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 27, 2002
homerjward said:
you probably need a faster, external hard drive. the problem is, the slow hard drive in your laptop can't keep up with the video so it drops frames, etc.

I am using an external LaCie FW drive. It seems pretty certain this is an iMovie 3 issue, not a hardware problem.

Again, the questions I'm wondering about:

* Does anyone know of a place where I can get iMovie 2.11?
* Can anyone tell me if iMovie versions 5 or 6 are more stable/usable for a G3 Pismo Powerbook?

--Josh

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.