Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ChrisLisi1982

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 24, 2017
I am in a fortunate position in that I can either buy the X outright or go through the upgrade programme, I know stock will be VERY limited so I’m just wondering do they have 1 big pool of stock or do they split it between online orders for delivery and online reservations for the upgrade programme?

It’s quicker buying it outright so I’m worried if I do the upgrade programme, no matter how fast I am by the time I reserve mine they will be sold out with people buying them outright?

Im in the UK by the way where we can’t do the whole upgrade process online, we reserve it to do it in store.

Also does the online store go up for everyone at the same time or is it luck if you get in while others are still seeing the store is down page?

ct2k7

macrumors G3
Aug 29, 2008
London
I’d reserve it, if you can’t enter the upgrade program (it’s Barclays partner finance [Clydesdale finance]), then you can likely pay the full amount.

ChrisLisi1982

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 24, 2017
I was just curious if anyone had noticed when ordering the 8/8+ if the reservations for upgrade programme and purchasing outright went out of stock at the same time or not

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.