Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

maverick28

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 14, 2014
Hello,

Apparently I'm now one of those who are affected by the missing dictionaries problem in at least 3 macOS: High Sierra, Mojave and Catalina. Browsing the Internet for long hours and trying every solution (re-installing, finding a mysterious assets folders that's missing on my system) brought no result. I updated to Mojave the last summer and all was OK. I re-installed it a week ago and only now noticed the stock dictionaries shipped with the OS such as New Oxford and Thesaurus gone. The default dictionaries folder contained some subfolders containing ubiquity in their names and the /Library/Dictionaries contains only the dictionaries added by me. The only solution is to restore them from a back-up but I don't have one.

Could someone upload and share all of these stock dictionary files? Should be compatible with macOS 10.14.6. Would be endlessly grateful.

maverick28

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 14, 2014
Solved by installing Catalina on another partition and copying corresponding files to an appropriate location on Mojave.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.