Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BlendedFrog

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 9, 2010
Does anyone know of a stock market/portfolio app that can properly handle stock splits automatically? I have been researching them and using Apple as an example. I have shares bought before the 7:1 split and yet most if not all apps cannot automatically handle the split. I have to go into the app and change it by hand.

So far, only google finance seems to handle stock splits. Even yahoo finance doesn't do it. The problem with google finance is that there is no app for it. Not only that, google hasn't put any work into the website in years and I fear that this product could be next to be cancelled.

Any suggestions for a universal app that can sync via iCloud or another cloud service?

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California
Does anyone know of a stock market/portfolio app that can properly handle stock splits automatically? I have been researching them and using Apple as an example. I have shares bought before the 7:1 split and yet most if not all apps cannot automatically handle the split. I have to go into the app and change it by hand.

So far, only google finance seems to handle stock splits. Even yahoo finance doesn't do it. The problem with google finance is that there is no app for it. Not only that, google hasn't put any work into the website in years and I fear that this product could be next to be cancelled.

Any suggestions for a universal app that can sync via iCloud or another cloud service?

Does your broker offer an app? I know with sharebuilder it calculated my splits (for all stocks not just apple).

I do not use the stock app from Apple to keep track of what I have, I just use it to see what the stocks and stock markets are doing day to day. I use the above to see how many shares and what they are doing, if need be.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.