Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

IamScotty

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 18, 2018
The widget is not updating the temperature unless you click on it and it opens the app. Other weather app widgets update no problem. Don't tell me the widget only works if you have location services on?

digitalexplr

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2016
Central Missouri
The widget is not updating the temperature unless you click on it and it opens the app. Other weather app widgets update no problem. Don't tell me the widget only works if you have location services on?

Without location services on how would weather know what weather to send you? Honest question.

IamScotty

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 18, 2018
Without location services on how would weather know what weather to send you? Honest question.

It has the first location listed from the app. Other apps that I have like the weather network and Beweather 3 have no issue updating the current weather on the widget when I look at it.. without location services on.

panar

macrumors member
Aug 17, 2013
The weather widget It’s supposed to show the current weather at your current location.

IamScotty

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 18, 2018
The weather widget It’s supposed to show the current weather at your current location.

It shows my first city saved from the app but it is not updating the weather on the widget unless I open the app. Very annoying and pointless, I guess I will use the others, all I gotta do is swipe to the right and the widget for the other weather apps update without me having to open the app. But unfortunately this does not work with the ios stock app.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.