Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

m0ng

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 19, 2018
Apologies if there‘s a really obvious reason that I’ve overlooked… But i’m curious as to why this feature didn’t make it to ipads too… given that they‘re mobile and share many commonalities…?

Reactions: southnorth

southnorth

macrumors regular
Jul 22, 2018
Good question. I can only speculate that an iPhone being smaller it is much easier to snatch from someone or remove from a pocket. Much less chance with an iPad.

Would have been a nice feature to have though as iPads do get stolen as well and have same access to personal/private information.

d5aqoëp

macrumors 68000
Feb 9, 2016
Apple doesn’t care about iPads that’s why.
Apple considers people buying their iPads as su****s. Maybe it will be introduced in next iPadOS if Apple is feeling generous.

Cybiker

macrumors member
Jun 27, 2006
Strange thing is if you go into settings and search for "Stolen Device Protection" it shows as if it is there

Davidglenn

macrumors regular
Dec 3, 2014
I don’t understand why the iPad does have the security feature. When travelling at airport I use my iPad and it is much easier for people to see passwords on the larger keyboard.

Reactions: m0ng

minimo3

macrumors 6502a
Oct 18, 2010
It will come to the iPad eventually, they’re still trying to figure out how to port the calculator app

• Haha
Reactions: chabig

nburwell

macrumors 603
May 6, 2008
DE
With our iPhone’s, we basically take them everywhere with us; iPad’s not so much (at least for me). But I’m sure Apple will eventually add it to a future iPadOS software release.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.