Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

patcase86

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 27, 2008
Don't know if anybody else has had their car broken into and less-than-a-year-old MacBook stolen, but it happened to me last week. I gave the police my serial number in case it goes to a pawn shop, but I'm sure I won't see it again...

Anyways - Should I get a new MacBook right now or wait 'till it gets upgraded? I have an old Dell laptop I can get by with until School starts again in September. I also plan on getting an iPhone when 3G gets added. Do you think the 'Back to School MacBook w/ free iPod' deal will include iPhones this year?

-Pat

Martron

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2007
the back to school is usually a free nano, but theyll take the price of that off any ipod. its hard to say if theyll have the special (altho i think they prob will) and what it will include. I imagine if its the same deal with the nano youll be able to get an iphone with the discount of what it is. i think it was $150 last year? can't remember, but you'll just pay the difference. again tho, it wont be clear until it happens. if you can wait, wait, if you need it now then go for it.

killmoms

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2003
Durham, NC
Based on past experience, Apple often uses the summer "buying for education" season to move stock before updates later in the fall (if there are any). So the MacBook probably won't be updated between now and September, especially considering it was just bumped. I'd say buy now if you're able and don't want to wait.

MacDaddy08

macrumors regular
Feb 13, 2008
Why wait? technology gets outdated every week. new Macbooks just came out and I doubt they are coming out with any newer ones at leats until the end of this year if not early next year. If you wait and buy it then, it will be outdated shorty after that. Just buy it now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.