Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Baletin

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 14, 2012
Dear friends,
I am not intending to update the Paste app, since in this case I do not see any advantages of subscription model upon once-paid app.
How can I stop MacOs showing Paste app update available? (I am still want to keep the old version of the app).
Thanks.

NoBoMac

Staff member
Jul 1, 2014
If I recall correctly, App Store, click your Apple ID at lower left, scroll through the list and find the program. Hover over, click circle with three dots, "Hide Purchase".

Nigel Goodman

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2017
UK
This is a bit of a kludge but the only way I’ve found to deal with is problem with this app is to download the previous version from their web page (yes it’s still available) and name it in the Applications folder as something like “Paste-2”. Make sue this one is the one that opens at login and not the newer one. I haven’t done it yet but I think the new one could be deleted, and then no more updates.
As far as I can tell there are no differences between the two versions. This is what is so annoying about this “update”. It isn’t! The only change is the move to subscription. What was once a great app has been wrecked for me.

Marco Binder

macrumors newbie
Mar 4, 2020
Heidelberg, Germany
This is a bit of a kludge but the only way I’ve found to deal with is problem with this app is to download the previous version from their web page (yes it’s still available) and name it in the Applications folder as something like “Paste-2”. Make sue this one is the one that opens at login and not the newer one. I haven’t done it yet but I think the new one could be deleted, and then no more updates.
As far as I can tell there are no differences between the two versions. This is what is so annoying about this “update”. It isn’t! The only change is the move to subscription. What was once a great app has been wrecked for me.

Yes, that was also my solution (and the one, the developer actually suggests). I also dislike the move to the subscription model :-(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.