Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AlexanderV

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 18, 2023
Hi all!

When I tap my locked screen my iPhone 13 lights up. Not so nice when I grap my phone in the morning, trying to keep my girlfriend asleep but lighting up the whole room..😅

Can I turn this off? Like it only lights up when I double tap (or swipe/hit the power button).

Also, when I unplug the charging cable the screen lights up, can I turn this off as well?

Many thanks!

Alex

AlexanderV

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 18, 2023
Thank you MegaBlue! I had already unchecked Raise to Wake.
@ps3zocker many thanks, the screen does not light up at a single touch any more. Is there another way to light it up besides clicking the power button? Would be great to use a double tap or something

ps3zocker

macrumors 6502
May 3, 2012
I don't think there is. An alternative to this might be to use the Sleep focus (which has a very dim lock screen) or just a shortcut with automation to set the display brightness to 0% in the morning, so the screen will not light up the room.

Reactions: AlexanderV

MegaBlue

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2022
Tennessee, United States
Thank you MegaBlue! I had already unchecked Raise to Wake.
@ps3zocker many thanks, the screen does not light up at a single touch any more. Is there another way to light it up besides clicking the power button? Would be great to use a double tap or something
You'd only be able to keep "Tap or Swipe to Wake" enabled for touchscreen input to wake the device. You can't customize how many taps/swipes you want.

As mentioned you can use focus modes that help keep the screen dim when its woken up, but the only options for pure awake/sleep for the device is raise to wake and tap/swipe to wake (besides the power button).

Reactions: AlexanderV
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.