Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Blacthorn1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 3, 2020
Hi all, first time poster so sorry if this is in the wrong spot. I have a question that seems so basic yet I’m not sure if it’s possible.

My ex and I used to share our locations with each other through Find My. After we split, I removed her/stopped sharing location with her. Now, nearly every day, I receive a request from her that she is sharing her location and asking me to share my location. At first it was a simple refusal but it won’t stop. I share my location with my parents and kids for safety purposes so I can’t just turn off sharing.

My question is simply, is there any way to block her from requesting?

thanks much for your help!

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
Is it feasible for you to be able to block her completely, or do you still have to have some text or phone call contact?

If you turn off friend request, your parents and kids may still be able to track you. My thinking is if they are part of your favorites group and able to bypass DND etc., that setting may allow you to block your ex as a friend while still allowing family to track you. I don’t know if that will work but, it is worth a try. Otherwise, you will need to block her completely.

Last edited:

Blacthorn1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 3, 2020
Thanks for the fast reply. The problem is that the request is coming from her gmail not like her phone number. So it says email@gmail.com has requested to share locations with you or whatever I’m not sure if that changes anything you are suggesting (because I do have her number blocked)

wardie

macrumors 6502a
Aug 18, 2008
Interestingly I have an opposite-ish but potentially related problem to do with location sharing being selectively turned off “automatically” (which I’ll post separately). However the commonality is that there may be some bugs in Apple’s Find My implementation where prior settings seem to keep being restored/coming back somehow. I’ve been able to find relatively few good articles about how this all works - other than Apple support pages which don’t cover anything other than the obvious basics. Maybe you would have to block her in Contacts but that has other ramifications.

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
Thanks for the fast reply. The problem is that the request is coming from her gmail not like her phone number. So it says email@gmail.com has requested to share locations with you or whatever I’m not sure if that changes anything you are suggesting (because I do have her number blocked)
Try editing your ex's contact information and add the email to the contact profile. See if that helps.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.