Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

QuiteSure

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 20, 2002
My wife is a physician and I just ordered her watch. She will want to use the stopwatch feature to take the occasional pulse. Is there any way to keep the screen on for a full minute so she can accomplish this? I anticipate much dissatisfaction if I can't answer this question. Thanks!

angle

macrumors regular
Mar 3, 2008
Michigan
if you touch the screen or rotate the digital crown you can keep the screen on. It's kind of annoying, but it's a workaround.

QuiteSure

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 20, 2002
if you touch the screen or rotate the digital crown you can keep the screen on. It's kind of annoying, but it's a workaround.
Problem is she's using her other hand to take the pulse so she doesn't have her hand free to do this.

gsmornot

macrumors 68040
Sep 29, 2014
If its for a full minute, she has only two options at the moment. Start the stopwatch, drop her arm and come back to check at regular intervals until she is close and can then watch it roll over the minute mark or set a timer for 1 minute and allow it to count down and notify her. I would take the second option because it gives haptic feedback at the end of the minute.

Reactions: zmunkz

xthine

macrumors 6502
Apr 29, 2015
USA
I've had to activate on wrist raise when using the Stopwatch because the screen times out. I was hoping there would be an option to keep the screen turned on while using the Stopwatch.

perezr10

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2014
Monroe, Louisiana
My wife had this problem too on Saturday and was upset. We were at a 5K running race and she wanted to hit the lap button as our 4 kids crossed the finish line at different times. However, the screen kept going black on her. She was so angry she wanted her Pebble back.

I gotta think that Apple will enable some kind of screen toggle at some point.

QuiteSure

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 20, 2002
My wife had this problem too on Saturday and was upset. We were at a 5K running race and she wanted to hit the lap button as our 4 kids crossed the finish line at different times. However, the screen kept going black on her. She was so angry she wanted her Pebble back.

I gotta think that Apple will enable some kind of screen toggle at some point.
That's really infuriating. Sometimes Apple is a little bit too much Apple, keeping such tight control over the user experience.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.