Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mac_Man777

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 13, 2016
Hi everyone! In the new Mac OS we can see and easily control our storage, and that great! But the only thing hats not is that my System storage is using up to 63 Gb, which is a lot of space, considering the fact, that its a little over the half of my computer memory. Is there a way that i can access and see which system files i don't really need and just delete them?

Thank you!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-09-24 at 13.10.53.png
    Screen Shot 2016-09-24 at 13.10.53.png
    101 KB · Views: 194

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Nov 23, 2011
Hi everyone! In the new Mac OS we can see and easily control our storage, and that great! But the only thing hats not is that my System storage is using up to 63 Gb, which is a lot of space, considering the fact, that its a little over the half of my computer memory. Is there a way that i can access and see which system files i don't really need and just delete them?

Thank you!

Hey MacMan! You can always run a quick scan through OmniDiskSweeper, to see a nice hierarchy of what's using what: https://www.omnigroup.com/download/latest/OmniDiskSweeper

Feel free to post a screenshot here if there's anything you're unsure about.

Other than the usual things like emptying the Trash, I've found local Time Machine backups and iOS backups take up a lot of space.

Speak soon!

Mac_Man777

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 13, 2016
Hey MacMan! You can always run a quick scan through OmniDiskSweeper, to see a nice hierarchy of what's using what: https://www.omnigroup.com/download/latest/OmniDiskSweeper

Feel free to post a screenshot here if there's anything you're unsure about.

Other than the usual things like emptying the Trash, I've found local Time Machine backups and iOS backups take up a lot of space.

Speak soon!
Wow!! Thank you very much! That application actually works and gives me a full control over my files!

Reactions: keysofanxiety
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.