Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cromulent

macrumors 604
Original poster
Oct 2, 2006
The Land of Hope and Glory
I have an iPhone 13 Pro Max and Apple Pay and PayPal set up, and I have used both without a problem. The issue comes when I need to buy something from a website that does not supporting Apple Pay or PayPal. I need to access the credit card number, the expiry date and the CVV number.

Is there a recommended way to do this? Should I use my password manager (Bitwarden)?

gwang73

macrumors 68020
Jun 14, 2009
California
I have an iPhone 13 Pro Max and Apple Pay and PayPal set up, and I have used both without a problem. The issue comes when I need to buy something from a website that does not supporting Apple Pay or PayPal. I need to access the credit card number, the expiry date and the CVV number.

Is there a recommended way to do this? Should I use my password manager (Bitwarden)?

You can the card in safari credit card auto fill. They added CCV support since iOS 16/MacOS 13.

• Love
Reactions: DeepIn2U

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
You can the card in safari credit card auto fill. They added CCV support since iOS 16/MacOS 13.
Great tip!

Unfortunately there may be a few sites that require you to 'manually' enter this in where copy/paste or autofill is disabled. unsure how a site can disable that but I've encountered that and it's super annoying.

gwang73

macrumors 68020
Jun 14, 2009
California
Great tip!

Unfortunately there may be a few sites that require you to 'manually' enter this in where copy/paste or autofill is disabled. unsure how a site can disable that but I've encountered that and it's super annoying.

Yeah, I've run into a few of those. For the ones that don't autofill, I go into Safari preferences and copy the numbers manually. It's kinda a pain but works in a pinch.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.