Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chekz0414

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 3, 2011
FL
Hi All, I just paid for the new SIM setup kit and activation for my iPhone 5 and Straight Talk, previously I was on T-Mobile (pay as you go, decided to do a monthly $45 with Straight Talk).

- Now I am confused with this plan as it is 3GB "High-Speed" data, and I am not seeing 4G on my iPhone 5? Just 3G.

- Also, I am noticing iMessage and FaceTime are stuck on "activation" but use my AppleID fine, (This breaks Continuity between my Mac and iPhone)

Is there anyway to fix the latter? Or is this the norm for Straight Talk? Or does this have to do with iOS 8.x? I would truly appreciate some help on the matter, Thanks so much.

AppleFanatic10

macrumors 68030
Nov 2, 2010
Hawthorne, CA
Hi All, I just paid for the new SIM setup kit and activation for my iPhone 5 and Straight Talk, previously I was on T-Mobile (pay as you go, decided to do a monthly $45 with Straight Talk).

- Now I am confused with this plan as it is 3GB "High-Speed" data, and I am not seeing 4G on my iPhone 5? Just 3G.

- Also, I am noticing iMessage and FaceTime are stuck on "activation" but use my AppleID fine, (This breaks Continuity between my Mac and iPhone)

Is there anyway to fix the latter? Or is this the norm for Straight Talk? Or does this have to do with iOS 8.x? I would truly appreciate some help on the matter, Thanks so much.

The reason is that Straight Talk only does 3GB of data with 3G only and after you hit 3GB your speeds slow down to 2G.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412405805.650249.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.