Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

snerkler

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 14, 2012
My wife's iPhone XS has very poor sound when connected to her car's phone system via bluetooth, it's crackly and cuts in and out. What's also weird is the signal bars on the cars display show no bars and flashes, yet on the phone itself the signal bars are strong. I've tried unpairing and repairing, and also doing a soft reset on the phone but it's not helped. I have tried my iPhone XS and it works fine, and the signal bars mirror what's on my phone.

Does anyone have any idea what the issue could be, or does the phone need to go back to Apple?

Any help appreciated.

mattguy10

macrumors 6502a
Aug 18, 2010
My wife's iPhone XS has very poor sound when connected to her car's phone system via bluetooth, it's crackly and cuts in and out. What's also weird is the signal bars on the cars display show no bars and flashes, yet on the phone itself the signal bars are strong. I've tried unpairing and repairing, and also doing a soft reset on the phone but it's not helped. I have tried my iPhone XS and it works fine, and the signal bars mirror what's on my phone.

Does anyone have any idea what the issue could be, or does the phone need to go back to Apple?

Any help appreciated.

I would try “reset all settings” under settings > general > reset before going to Apple. All settings will have to be reconfigured as well as WiFi passwords will need to be re-entered.

Reactions: snerkler

snerkler

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 14, 2012
I would try “reset all settings” under settings > general > reset before going to Apple. All settings will have to be reconfigured as well as WiFi passwords will need to be re-entered.
Thanks, I’ve just done a full restore but if this doesn’t work I will try the reset all settings :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.