Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GfPQqmcRKUvP

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 29, 2005
Terminus
I'm having a weird issue with CarPlay where I can't access the split-view dashboard that was introduced in iOS 13. If you look at my attached photo the bottom left "home" button is just the grid of icons that takes me to the normal home page. I want the split-view dashboard and don't understand why it's not there. I know my car supports it as it works off and on. I will go a week of being able to have the split-view dashboard and then a couple weeks where I have no idea how to get into that view again.

My guess is that this is not a bug and I'm doing something that I don't realize is causing that option to not show. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_4137.jpeg
    IMG_4137.jpeg
    270.7 KB · Views: 284

960design

macrumors 68040
Apr 17, 2012
Destin, FL
Bottom left button is for apps. Tap to cycle?
I'm on a different version and cannot duplicate.

Could it be that spotify does not support split view? Try switching Spotify out for iBooks.

Last edited:

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I'm having a weird issue with CarPlay where I can't access the split-view dashboard that was introduced in iOS 13. If you look at my attached photo the bottom left "home" button is just the grid of icons that takes me to the normal home page. I want the split-view dashboard and don't understand why it's not there. I know my car supports it as it works off and on. I will go a week of being able to have the split-view dashboard and then a couple weeks where I have no idea how to get into that view again.

My guess is that this is not a bug and I'm doing something that I don't realize is causing that option to not show. Any ideas?

Thanks!
Tap on the grid of apps icon to go to the application launcher screen and when on that screen you should see the icon there change to the dashboard icon which you can then tap and go to the dashboard.

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ

Thanks!

It's a toggle...
  • when the CarPlay screen is displaying an app (Music, Map, etc), the home button shows the icon view
  • when the CarPlay screen is displaying the icon grid, the home button shows the dashboard view
  • when the CarPlay screen is displaying the dashboard view, the home button shows the icon view
You can also switch between dashboard view and icon view by swiping the screen... Swipe all the way to the right to see the dashboard view... swiping the screen left takes you to the icon view... and continue swiping left to view additional pages of icons.

IMG_2863.jpg IMG_2865.jpg IMG_2867.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.