Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kyjaotkb

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 20, 2009
London, UK
Hi everyone,

I've noticed quite a few months ago those two coloured dots of light on the OSX menubar (see above and beside the Y of History). They are just here and I'm fine with that - but what do they mean? They were there with Lion and are still here in Mountain Lion.
They appear with Safari, Finder or any other application. They are gone when in full screen (even when in make the menubar appear when in Lion's full screen mode). I have changed the wallpaper without success... I don't think it's hardware related since I grabbed in in a screenshot. Anybody got a clue? Thanks a lot!
ScreenShot2012-07-29at011032.png

edit: thread solved - MR please delete it if you want. I did change my wallpaper but from one galaxy to another - there were still stars in the sky and with, you know, transparency - whatever, I solved the issue myself. Sorry about the useless post.

Last edited:

Acorn

macrumors 68030
Jan 2, 2009
macrumors
this is funny. a similar thing happened when i sold my windows machine to my stepmother. the window was translucent and on the edges you could sorta see the trash bin that was behind it. but you could hardly tell what it was. my stepmother was like whats all this stuff here and i moved the window and showed her the trash bin. lol.

happens to the best of us.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.