Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sofiagoldie

macrumors newbie
Jul 22, 2018
Hey all,

I might be going legitimately crazy here but I've noticed this strange discolored blob on my screen if I activate Siri from the lock screen. I've uploaded a screen shot I took. I don't think a screenshot would capture any physical defects but I can't for the life of me figure out what's going on there. Has anybody else seen this on their phone? It's bugging the crap out of me.

The blob in question is in the top left hand quadrant of the screen, under the "Hey Siri" and below to about halfway.

Any input would be appreciated.

fullsizeoutput_2cc.jpeg

Hey. I am experiencing the same thing not just when I'm on Siri. It just appears and disappears from time to time. Is it normal on iphonex?

chavlina

macrumors newbie
Aug 11, 2018
Hi, i have same problem here but it shows on a face id screen. Every time is different shape, size, place...
The strange thing is when i take screenshot, it changes next day on a picture...
I have tried different backgrounds and it happens to all of them. Is this software or hardware issue? Thanx

Hey all,

I might be going legitimately crazy here but I've noticed this strange discolored blob on my screen if I activate Siri from the lock screen. I've uploaded a screen shot I took. I don't think a screenshot would capture any physical defects but I can't for the life of me figure out what's going on there. Has anybody else seen this on their phone? It's bugging the crap out of me.

The blob in question is in the top left hand quadrant of the screen, under the "Hey Siri" and below to about halfway.

fullsizeoutput_2cc.jpeg

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
Hi, i have same problem here but it shows on a face id screen. Every time is different shape, size, place...
The strange thing is when i take screenshot, it changes next day on a picture...
I have tried different backgrounds and it happens to all of them. Is this software or hardware issue? Thanx

Need a screen shot so we all can see.

Ra313

macrumors newbie
Aug 31, 2018
Hey all,

fullsizeoutput_2cc.jpeg
[doublepost=1535766109][/doublepost]Me too I know exactly what you are talking about . Mine travels and sometimes it’s 3 blobs oozing on and off screen to two or even one traveling blob. I’m taking my brand new IPhone X in tomorrow . I finally found a forum with discussion after an hour describing problem in url search on google.

Reactions: harbsben

harbsben

macrumors newbie
May 13, 2020
Hey all,

fullsizeoutput_2cc.jpeg
I have a similar issues of a small black circular spot resembling squid ink when i open siri on my iphone. it only appears when i open siri on a certain page of apps and the spot changes when i change a different page and open siri it may get larger or smaller. is that ringing bells

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.