Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mobster1983

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 8, 2011
So I updated to High Sierra Beta last night and this morning tried to open a Pages document I was working on. When I opened, my external display (but not my MBP display) suddenly changed colors to Night Shift. As soon as I closed Pages, or clicked on another window (settings or Chrome), the display went back to normal. Opened Word and no issues.

This is a very strange issue I have not seen before. Any help? Really annoying trying to work on the Pages file in the middle of the day with Night Shift on. I also went into Settings and changed Night Shift into "Less warm," but the issue still appears.

*Edit* Just confirmed this does the same thing when opening Numbers, but Keynote is normal.

First picture is normal, second is when I open Pages. Looks must more distinct in person.

irAwTaU.jpg

Tpsvu85.jpg

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
I wonder whether this could have something to do with graphics switching. Does Apple menu/About This Mac report Intel graphics when Pages isn't running, and AMD when it is?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.