Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

homer20001

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 4, 2005
I'm attempting to make alternate versions of a long form video for demo purposes. I've saved my original sequence as a quick time movie - imported the entire thing back into FCP as a new project/single clip - am cutting sections out, linking the rest with simple transitions.
The problem is when I attempt to render or export this "new" seqence I'm getting the following error: "Codec not found. You may be using a compression type without the corresponding hardware card."
Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks to ALL.

Sdashiki

macrumors 68040
Aug 11, 2005
Behind the lens
homer20001 said:
I'm attempting to make alternate versions of a long form video for demo purposes. I've saved my original sequence as a quick time movie - imported the entire thing back into FCP as a new project/single clip - am cutting sections out, linking the rest with simple transitions.
The problem is when I attempt to render or export this "new" seqence I'm getting the following error: "Codec not found. You may be using a compression type without the corresponding hardware card."
Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks to ALL.

go back to your original FCP sequence. Where you captured all the footage into the Bin and created the video in the timeline.

Because I dont see why you saved it as a quicktime movie in the first place?

If you have your original FCP sequence as layers of video etc all cut togethr, and you are trying now to edit that ENTIRE sequence as a whole and not as its parts, then you need to "NEST" the sequence.

Do a quick HELP search on Nesting in FCP and it will walk you through it.

it will make your multiple video layers etc, into one video layer, that you can double click to open and edit inside of like before, or leave it as the one layer and edit the layer itself.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.