Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

old-wiz

macrumors G3
Original poster
Mar 26, 2008
West Suburban Boston Ma
OK.. I received an alert from Credit Karma :: "Between Oct 30, 2022 and Nov 4, 2022, your mortgage account with MIDDLESEX SAVINGS BANK was removed from your credit report." I do have an Apple Card, but checking it shows no unusual transactions and a current balance of zero..... I find that Goldman-Sachs has been in trouble with their credit card business, but nothing conclusive.

I haven't used it a lot, but I haven't charged much and have never carried a balance. I am trying to figure out if my Apple Card is still valid without trying to charge something to it. It appears that Apple/GS doesn't really have a handle on how to run a CC business.

Especially annoying now as I am looking to buy a new iPhone at Apple...

Any thoughts/ideas/curses/promises??

chabig

macrumors G4
Sep 6, 2002
I don't get the connection between your mortgage and your Apple Card. But as for your card, if it's still in your Wallet app, it's good.

Reactions: old-wiz

old-wiz

macrumors G3
Original poster
Mar 26, 2008
West Suburban Boston Ma
Spoke to my bank...they said I have to call Apple support.... good grief... found other thread on forum and sounds like GS Bank is full of idiots.. Also have no idea why it would say mortgage - I have zero mortgages! (own house).... Card still shows up in Wallet.... will just wait and see what comes next. I really hate that they dinged my credit score by 8 points.. Found another odd issue about Apple Card/GS Bank in this forum group...similar crap

vinegarshots

macrumors 6502a
Sep 24, 2018
Spoke to my bank...they said I have to call Apple support.... good grief... found other thread on forum and sounds like GS Bank is full of idiots.. Also have no idea why it would say mortgage - I have zero mortgages! (own house).... Card still shows up in Wallet.... will just wait and see what comes next. I really hate that they dinged my credit score by 8 points..
I think you're confused. Credit Karma has nothing to do with Apple Card. It's a third-party app/service. And the alert you're mentioning also has nothing to do with your Apple Card, or your Apple Card account...

A "credit report" from Credit Karma means your full credit history on file with the lending bureaus like Equifax, etc. "Credit" in this context doesn't just refer to credit cards.

Reactions: hg.wells and chabig
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.