Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Garrett67

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 30, 2010
Suddenly, these icons are on my screen.

Any ideas? I haven't restarted to see if they go away yet. Just found it odd

9ynapemu.jpg

Last edited:

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
Restart and they'll go away. Those are basic JB apps -- usually, they don't show up on the SpringBoard, but sometimes when you install/update some basic system tweaks, they momentarily show up. They get blank icons because they don't have any. If you've hidden SBSettings and Activator, those icons show up too when you get into this condition.

Redjericho

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2011
When making a new thread, please give an informative title, therefore people in the future can benefit from any solutions given in this thread as well.

Yes they will be fixed on a restart (even a respring, I believe)

clockworkorange

macrumors regular
Jan 31, 2008
They are hidden apple apps used to either test out features (cell reception, battery, etc) or preferences (iadoptout, etc) nothing to worry about, just respring and they'll go away

Garrett67

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 30, 2010
When making a new thread, please give an informative title, therefore people in the future can benefit from any solutions given in this thread as well.

Yes they will be fixed on a restart (even a respring, I believe)

You are correct and I realized that after I posted, sorry about that. If someone can change the title, please do so

tys

macrumors 6502
Jan 3, 2008
Since getting my iPhone 5 replaced and therefore going from 6.1 to 6.1.2 and re-jailbreaking, I'm getting the hidden and blank icons appearing at least once a day. Sometimes they appear spontaneously, not as a result of any tweaking. What would cause that?
A respring always fixes it, but it's getting annoying!

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Since getting my iPhone 5 replaced and therefore going from 6.1 to 6.1.2 and re-jailbreaking, I'm getting the hidden and blank icons appearing at least once a day. Sometimes they appear spontaneously, not as a result of any tweaking. What would cause that?
A respring always fixes it, but it's getting annoying!

I think it can happen too if you are installing apps from the AppStore

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.