Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fatyank

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 20, 2008
Chandler, Arizona
I’m using a 3rd gen iPAD PRO 12.9. It has been pretty flawless since purchase (new) back in 2018. Over the last two months I have had a strange action when in jiggle mode. It happens when I click on an app icon too fast and move the cursor at the same time. I get the little (-) in the white circle but when i click on ”done” at top of screen or just click on the screen to stop jiggle the (-) stays on the screen but behind the app icon and still jiggling. I actually have 2 of the same icon stacked on top of each other. The one in the rear is still jiggling. I’ve tried dragging the top icon to another part of the screen but it returns to the original spot and the icon in the rear keeps jiggling. A restart clears it but I’m concerned something major is about to happen to my iPad. Attached photo shows a still shot of semi-hidden behind the “Healthough” folder
IMG_0766.png
IMG_0766.png

Coolpher

macrumors 6502
May 8, 2008
Seattle,WA
It’s probably just a bug the easiest way to fix it would be to do an iCloud backup format that device and reinstall and recover from the back up and see if that fixes it if it doesn’t, then you’d have to do the same thing but not recover from a back up

Do you have any of your home screens hidden maybe try unhiding all of them and see if it goes away and then hide them again

chabig

macrumors G4
Sep 6, 2002
Also, you don't have to restart to fix it. Just log out and back in to your account.

Coolpher

macrumors 6502
May 8, 2008
Seattle,WA
I’m using a 3rd gen iPAD PRO 12.9. It has been pretty flawless since purchase (new) back in 2018. Over the last two months I have had a strange action when in jiggle mode. It happens when I click on an app icon too fast and move the cursor at the same time. I get the little (-) in the white circle but when i click on ”done” at top of screen or just click on the screen to stop jiggle the (-) stays on the screen but behind the app icon and still jiggling. I actually have 2 of the same icon stacked on top of each other. The one in the rear is still jiggling. I’ve tried dragging the top icon to another part of the screen but it returns to the original spot and the icon in the rear keeps jiggling. A restart clears it but I’m concerned something major is about to happen to my iPad. Attached photo shows a still shot of semi-hidden behind the “Healthough” folder View attachment 2339084 View attachment 2339084
Please let us know if you get this resolved I would love to know thanks again

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.