Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jamesapp

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 7, 2008
Hello,
Just curious what a good stategy to get my iphone 5s is?

Like what is the best way to get an iphone 5s if when they announce it?

Motherload0211

macrumors member
Aug 17, 2013
Options....

1. Pre order from Apple online for the 30 day return policy.

2. Stand in a long line at any Apple store for the release

3. Make an appointment for the iPhone at any Apple store

4. Go and stand in line to one of the Carriers. Only 14 day return policy

5. Wait until the reviews are out, than buy at the Apple online store

Options 1 and 3 are best

justabrake

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2010
I have the apple store app with my CC hooked up and READY :p

one more thing is it's better to use a CC then a debit card, I believe it is !

Last edited:

bigcstyle4

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2012
Last year preorders sold out very quickly. I preordered at 5 AM (they started at 3 AM eastern) and I didn't get the phone until a week after launch, while they were available at two Apple Stores to just walk in and buy. If you're planning on preordering, make sure you get on immediately.

radiologyman

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2011
Really? You're asking what's the best way to buy a product you wish to have..... I do worry.

Guess the saying is true, common sense isn't very common.

The strategy is to get in on the launch day. I'm on AT&T premiere and for several years I was not able to order it through AT&T on launch day as premier servers crush under overload. Apple.com servers are slowing down considerably and it may take several hours until one can get trough. Apple store app is probably the best way.

AFDoc

Suspended
Jun 29, 2012
Colorado Springs USA for now
The strategy is to get in on the launch day. I'm on AT&T premiere and for several years I was not able to order it through AT&T on launch day as premier servers crush under overload. Apple.com servers are slowing down considerably and it may take several hours until one can get trough. Appstore app is probably the best way.

Yes, apple store app is what I used for my i5's. Was in and out of the app with my purchases and sat back and laughed at all the people posting here on MR about the servers crashing ect.

I have never waited in line before so I think it will be fun. Especially if the headphone jack will be at the top this time!

Don't hold your breath.... hp jack will be on bottom.

Last edited:

apple-pride

macrumors member
Aug 24, 2013
I was just going to wait in line at the local Apple store. I want to be number one so I think I will leave two days prior.

I have never waited in line before so I think it will be fun. Especially if the headphone jack will be at the top this time!

r3m1

macrumors regular
Apr 7, 2012
Earth
Options....

2. Stand in a long line at any Apple store for the release

Are you serious? Its been a long time since people have been standing in line at any apple store for a product. In Europe, you can walk into any Apple store on a launch day without having to claw your way through people.

These days are gone.

bandofbrothers

macrumors 601
Oct 14, 2007
Uk
1, Be Patient.

2, Wait for the early adopters to start providing feedback.

3, Walk into my Uk Local Apple Store and buy it Unlocked and Open to all ....Networks, if I like whats under its hood.

:D

Gary500

macrumors regular
Nov 25, 2009
I walked in last year on launch day and there was barely a line. All the people who preordered got it way later. :D:p

Robster3

macrumors 68000
Dec 13, 2012
I was just going to wait in line at the local Apple store. I want to be number one so I think I will leave two days prior.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::eek:

Motherload0211

macrumors member
Aug 17, 2013
Are you serious? Its been a long time since people have been standing in line at any apple store for a product. In Europe, you can walk into any Apple store on a launch day without having to claw your way through people.

These days are gone.

Yes I am. Some stores have long lines and others perhaps do not. Luck of the draw. In the USA, florida last year, some Apple stores had some long lines at the first opening. You are in Europe so your post was not accurate for all.

boshii

macrumors 68040
Jul 6, 2008
Atlanta, GA
I walked in last year on launch day and there was barely a line. All the people who preordered got it way later. :D:p

Personally, I prefer the convenience of having the phone delivered to my door over having to go to my Apple store.

I can wait a few extra hours.

Bazooka-joe

macrumors 603
Mar 12, 2012
Swindon, England
I prefer to walk in to an apple store as I like to check the phone for scratches or scuffs before walking out again. People seemed to have many build quality issues with scratches and scuffs last time.

HM Apple

macrumors member
Oct 28, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
On line with apple app. Kind of fun to wait for the store to re-open at launch, then with account #'s pre loaded, it can be ordered and confirmed in less than a minute. Sometimes the first stock for immediate delivery sells out quickly, and when that happens can go to two weeks availability. Be ready at 12:01 AM Cupertino time.

Kealohilani

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2012
I'll be waking up at 2:30 am local time to preorder online. Part of the fun of the experience is fighting with servers to finally get your order in. Also, can't miss the opportunity to obsessively check tracking numbers and the ordered/shipped thread.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.