Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

theluggage

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jul 29, 2011
OK, so when I've got my magnum opus assembled in Logic Pro X, with a mixture virtual instruments and recorded tracks from hardware synths and it sounds OK on my monitor speakers, I want to hear it on a couple of other speaker systems around the house to tweak the mix. When I did this with a 44k project that was fine - I could Airplay it to my 2nd Gen Apple TV on my TV speakers or - via various routes - a Raspberry Pi attached to my old HiFi, stand in front of it with Logic Remote and tweak away (slight lag, but...)

Unfortunately, when I try that with a 96k project, it dies in various ways - the ATV2 starts to play but then cuts out after a few seconds, with some other devices, Logic just crashes.

Note that my problem isn't getting the final product to play - I don't own a dog so it will get rendered down to a 44.1 or 48k AIF or MP3 anyway - its just for adjusting the mix/EQ/compression in Logic, the point of 96k is 'headroom'.

I'm doing this for my own amusement so I don't want to kit out my computer room with 3 different kinds of speaker system... The world would not end if I just stuck to 44k but this is so close to working that it niggles...

Has anybody found a stable way of streaming 96k from Logic?
Would a newer Apple TV or other Airplay2 device help?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.