Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rotarypower101

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 28, 2007
Portland Oregon
Where can I get a iOS app that uses “local content” on OSX “Photos" app to stream local photos in their original folder and album structure to iOS devices remotely?

I used to use a application called BlinQ that let me view and manage all my photos in their original album and folder structure on a MacPro, completely remotely and all for free.

What really made it great, was that it generated low bandwidth thumbnails, and allowed you to select the photos and load full resolution if desired, it was such a great application! And I have not found its equal...

Is there another application that will allow me to do this?

The "Photos" app broke BlinQ, and I have not found a replacement :(

I want to stream all my photos to iOS devices in their original folder and album structure, so it feels like I am sitting in front of my computer at home in the way it is organized for every device.

I dont want to hassle with a subscription cloud service that takes forever to upload as well as manage, and has limitations to library size if possible.

It was like having a local iPhotos library in your hands wherever you were streamed, I really REALLY want to find a way to do this again in this way!

Any ideas where to look or what to look at to find something that will allow me to do this?

Am I perhaps misunderstanding the way the cloud services work? Can i get this with iCloud somehow to stream my entire Photos Library?

I am finding it difficult to term and phrase how specifically this application worked, if I can provide any clarity, or restate the request more clearly please don't hesitate to ask for clairification.

Bad videos, but these go over the application to show how it worked, and it worked WAY better than these videos describe !

***Does anyone use PLEX for this task, someone posted on another thread that it might be possible to get this kind of functionality through their service possibly?

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.