Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eastnwest

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 28, 2014
I have a new macbook 12 inch and i want to know if the specs is enough to start streaming to Twitch using OBS.

Processor : 1.1 GHz Intel Core M
Memory: 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 5300 1536 MB

My wifi speed is Ping 2 ms, Download speed 74.20 Mbps and Upload speed is 9.69 Mbps. Would really appreciate it if you can tell me the settings to use on OBS based on my internet speed. If that is the problem of the lag while streaming.

I have tried in the past to stream but i experienced lag and i dont know what the problem is, if its my macbook that is slow or the wifi or OBS settings.

Can anyone help me with this? So my question is can the macbook 12 inch handle streaming on Twitch ? i'll be streaming CS go, clash royale and probably someday overwatch. And if this macbook can't, will the surface pro 4 do a better job at streaming to Twitch? (I dont know anything about specs). I really dont intend to get another pc/laptop that can stream if my new macbook can do the job.

Help is much needed. Thanks

vmachiel

macrumors 68000
Feb 15, 2011
Holland
The lag would be the weak processor. This machine is NOT made for this kind of stuff. The system just can't keep up.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.