Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Whjuvv

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 25, 2022
Too much choices is one of the backslashes Apple is currently getting. Why not make it easy for people to choose instead of creating another product category for another few bucks? Here are my thoughts:
iPhone:
• iPhone #No. (e.g. iPhone 14)
• iPhone #No. Pro (e.g. iPhone 14 pro)
But display is our gateway to everything. So each of them comes in 2 sizes - 6.1 and 6.7 inch.
iPad:
•iPad
•iPad Pro
iPad and iPad Air doesn't needs to be two different product categories. You can have iPad and iPad M# (e.g. iPad M2). iPad Pro has got it right.
Macbook:
• Macbook
• Macbook Pro
I think its time to remove the Air branding, as it isn't necessary anymore. Surely I'll be sad to see the world's most popular laptop name go.
Watch:
• Apple Watch
• Apple Watch Ultra
Sure these come in different sizes.

Also, iPhone is supposed to be for everyone, while the Pro is for a more sophisticated version. So while the chip variation this year is a good choice, dynamic island not on regular iPhone is a bad one in my opinion (Luring people to buy the Pro models, where a lot of features will be unused by the majority is surely a bad practice).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.