Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

igmolinav

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 15, 2005
Hi !!!

I am about to order an ibook. I am running a bit against time because i would like to have the computer as soon as possible for a short course i
want to take.

When they say it is shipping within 3-5 days, is it more like three days, or more like five days - I am doing one or two minor upgrades on the original 12" ibook computer. One, with the keyboard from English to Western Spanish; and perhaps upgrade the HD to 60 GB. I´ll also be using the 2-day option for shipping.

How long do you think it is more likely to take for the computer to be delivered?

Thank you,

ignacio "in a rush" molina.
igmolinav

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
igmolinav said:
Hi !!!

I am about to order an ibook. I am running a bit against time because i would like to have the computer as soon as possible for a short course i
want to take.

When they say it is shipping within 3-5 days, is it more like three days, or more like five days - I am doing one or two minor upgrades on the original 12" ibook computer. One, with the keyboard from English to Western Spanish; and perhaps upgrade the HD to 60 GB. I´ll also be using the 2-day option for shipping.

How long do you think it is more likely to take for the computer to be delivered?

Thank you,

ignacio "in a rush" molina.
igmolinav
From everything that I've read, I think you should expect that it will take them 5 days to ship it, and that it will take at least two days to arrive. Some people get lucky and get their Macs days ahead of time. However, especially since you are ordering it for a short course, you should expect that it will take the maximum amount of time - and only order it if that is OK.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.