Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thatappleguytoday

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 9, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
What's up guys and gals

Looking for some suggestions for a thin folio - I have the Devicewear Ridge but looking to go thinner

What I'm considering...

Moshi Versacover - worrying about staining however due to the light color choices

Smart Cover / back shell combo - ex. Spigen Ultra Thin Air or Coverbuddy

Any suggestions or input is appreciated

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
So many suggestions - you've been great help ;)

I chanced upon this thread this afternoon, and read it, initially, with a view to mulling over posting a response.

However, the comment quoted above - with its air of entitlement, and sarcastic aside - really does little to encourage anyone to wish to respond to your OP.

In any case, any thin folios which I would recommend cover the face of the device, and would not, therefore, meet with your approval.

thatappleguytoday

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 9, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
I chanced upon this thread this afternoon, and read it, initially, with a view to mulling over posting a response.

However, the comment quoted above - with its air of entitlement, and sarcastic aside - really does little to encourage anyone to wish to respond to your OP.

In any case, any thin folios which I would recommend cover the face of the device, and would not, therefore, meet with your approval.

It really doesn't matter - this was posted a week ago without any response - 400 plus views and no input

I've been a member here for a long time and expected more from MR - wow how times have changed

All good - was just looking for what others have been happy with

JonMPLS

macrumors 68000
May 23, 2010
MN
I tend to buy too many cases! ;)

Anyway, for just comfort, the Apple Smart Case is hard to beat. Soft all over and very light. However, as you mention, keeping light leather clean is essentially impossible. You live with it or you don't.

When I am nervous about getting the case dirty I change to another option. I use an Apple Smart Cover and the Incipio Smart Feather. The color match is close to perfect, and, since they are synthetic, both can be cleaned. Since the Smart Feather locks on the cover, it becomes essentially a folio case. And the combination is very light and very thin.

thatappleguytoday

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 9, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
I tend to buy too many cases! ;)

Anyway, for just comfort, the Apple Smart Case is hard to beat. Soft all over and very light. However, as you mention, keeping light leather clean is essentially impossible. You live with it or you don't.

When I am nervous about getting the case dirty I change to another option. I use an Apple Smart Cover and the Incipio Smart Feather. The color match is close to perfect, and, since they are synthetic, both can be cleaned. Since the Smart Feather locks on the cover, it becomes essentially a folio case. And the combination is very light and very thin.

Thanks for the input Jon I appreciate it

Ponied up today and got a black Smart Cover - loving it so far
Like you said the case feel awesome in the hand and the case screams quality

Only downside I see so far would be the volume buttons taking a little effort to press

After a few cases I've bought at best buy and local tigerdirect.com store - returned all and sticking with smart case

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
It really doesn't matter - this was posted a week ago without any response - 400 plus views and no input

I've been a member here for a long time and expected more from MR - wow how times have changed

All good - was just looking for what others have been happy with

Given that you say you don't much care for cases where the face of the iPad is covered, what I have liked wouldn't probably meet your requirements.

The cases I have liked are 'full face covers' and include those by the Colonel Littleton company (expensive, but beautifully made in lovely soft leather), and TwelveSouth (again, nicely made from leather, and not cheap).

Personally, I don't much like the Apple cover, although I'll readily concede that it is light and convenient.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.