Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jennglans

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2018
Make sure that you have used Disk Utility to mount the drive before you try to access it via Terminal. See the other thread for detailed instructions.

I think I enabled the drive by using disk utility (screenshot) . I also found the Razer plugin within the drive (so the path is correct). But again the same message.

After that I searched online to mount the disk with a command but I still keep getting that the directory or file doesn't exist.

Attachments

• 15378950450024408827118934886294.jpg
    15378950450024408827118934886294.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 413

mattrichards

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2018
I think I enabled the drive by using disk utility (screenshot) . I also found the Razer plugin within the drive (so the path is correct). But again the same message.

After that I searched online to mount the disk with a command but I still keep getting that the directory or file doesn't exist.

Indeed the volume looks like it is mounted. From the screenshot of your terminal, I think you're having some formatting issues with the command. For what it's worth, be careful with that rm command - it deletes things! ;)

Let's break this down:
  1. After mounting the volume, launch Terminal
  2. You should see an empty bash prompt (in your case it is "-bash-3.2#"). There should be nothing after that.
  3. Type this exact string (without the quotes) "cd /Volumes/Macintosh\ HD/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/HAL/"
  4. That will send you to the directory where the plugin lives
  5. Type "ls -al"
  6. This will give you a listing of the contents of the directory. You should see at least one listing for a Razer product.
  7. For each Razer listing you will type "rm FILENAME" where FILENAME is replaced with the name of the listing (case sensitive). Note that typing the first few characters of the name and hitting TAB will autocomplete the name. Clicking return will delete the listing unless it is a directory.
  8. If Terminal responds by saying that the listing is a directory, then type "rm -r FILENAME". This will delete the directory and its contents.
  9. Continue until all Razer listings are removed. At any time you can run the ls -al" command to see what remains.
Good luck!

Disclaimer: Deleting files from your computer is risky. Especially when using "rm -r" which is recursive. I do not take any responsibility for unintended consequences. You embark on this process at your own risk!

Reactions: Heruhur

GianniEnzoo

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2018
Indeed the volume looks like it is mounted. From the screenshot of your terminal, I think you're having some formatting issues with the command. For what it's worth, be careful with that rm command - it deletes things! ;)

Let's break this down:
  2. You should see an empty bash prompt (in your case it is "-bash-3.2#"). There should be nothing after that.
  3. Type this exact string (without the quotes) "cd /Volumes/Macintosh\ HD/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/HAL/"
  5. Type "ls -al"
  6. This will give you a listing of the contents of the directory. You should see at least one listing for a Razer product.
  7. For each Razer listing you will type "rm FILENAME" where FILENAME is replaced with the name of the listing (case sensitive). Note that typing the first few characters of the name and hitting TAB will autocomplete the name. Clicking return will delete the listing unless it is a directory.
  8. If Terminal responds by saying that the listing is a directory, then type "rm -r FILENAME". This will delete the directory and its contents.
  9. Continue until all Razer listings are removed. At any time you can run the ls -al" command to see what remains.
Good luck!

Disclaimer: Deleting files from your computer is risky. Especially when using "rm -r" which is recursive. I do not take any responsibility for unintended consequences. You embark on this process at your own risk!

This doesnt work for me.. i have mounted the disk but if want to search for the plugin its says “No such file or directory” it looks like i dont have any permission to see any other dir

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 236

GianniEnzoo

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2018
Razer Syanpse installed and caused the problem for me. My POV Razer is more trouble than it is worth on a mac.

Yeah.. i think it’s the same for me.. i need to delete the syanpse but i cant because terminal doesnt let me go to that directory

Swampthing

Suspended
Mar 5, 2004
The solution doesn’t work for me either.

I tried going through terminal mode about 57 times and it keeps saying the file doesn’t exist.

First to make sure the Macintosh HD is mounted through disk utility in Recovery mode.

Then I use rm -R /Volumes/Macintosh HD/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/HAL/RazerKraken7.1Audio.plugin because that’s the name of the file on my system. My volume is called Macintosh HD.

If I go through disk utility, I can see the file but it’s simply greyed out and cannot be selected.

GianniEnzoo

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2018
The solution doesn’t work for me either.

I tried going through terminal mode about 57 times and it keeps saying the file doesn’t exist.

First to make sure the Macintosh HD is mounted through disk utility in Recovery mode.

Then I use rm -R /Volumes/Macintosh HD/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/HAL/RazerKraken7.1Audio.plugin because that’s the name of the file on my system. My volume is called Macintosh HD.

If I go through disk utility, I can see the file but it’s simply greyed out and cannot be selected.

Try This rm -r /Volumes/Macintosh\ HD/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/HAL/RazerKraken7.1Audio.plugin

This worked for me. The part “Volumes/Macintosh\ HD/“ is important thats what i did wrong

———————-
Edit

Dont forget the space betwen /Macintosh\ HD/ the space in between is important otherwise terminal cant find the right directory

Reactions: Swampthing

Swampthing

Suspended
Mar 5, 2004
Try This rm -r /Volumes/Macintosh\ HD/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/HAL/RazerKraken7.1Audio.plugin

This worked for me. The part “Volumes/Macintosh\ HD/“ is important thats what i did wrong

———————-
Edit

Dont forget the space betwen /Macintosh\ HD/ the space in between is important otherwise terminal cant find the right directory

AHA!!! THIS WORKED PERFECTLY!!!! Thank you sooooooo much! Now typing this response on my Mac Pro.

SSchat

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2018
/Volumes/Macintosh\ HD/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/HAL/

yes! Thank you so MUCH community!!

Same problem here (and solved now)
Kept looping to login and crashing... deleted all relevant login plists, but no luck.

I just knew it had to do with some app that doesnt work with the new Mojave.
With this given directory, i had a look and i saw the app "Hear.plugin"... AND "bartender..."
Both deleted, and rebooted...

Now i am back in business.
Again, community, thank you so much for sharing!

Heruhur

macrumors member
Apr 4, 2017
Oldebroek

Let's break this down:
  5. Type "ls -al"
Good luck!

This worked thanx!
Corsair CUE software (beta) was the culprit in my case.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.