Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BreadButter

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 23, 2022
I am on iPhone 13, iOS 16.3.1 (fresh out or warranty).
I noticed my iPhone started rebooting by itself this morning, and when rebooting, the phone would stay stuck in a rebooting loop for a min or two (going through 6 or 7 reboots) before fully booting up. I looked at the Analytic logs and found some “Panic-full“ logs from the reboot/crash. The logs indicated “Ans2 Recoverable Panic”.

It got worse as the day progressed, currently the phone won’t completely boot up anymore and stays in the boot loop indefinitely.

At some point, I was able to get the typical screen asking me to plug the phone into a computer. I connected the phone to my macbook. The macbook detected the phone and asked to perform a restore which I initiated but that didn’t work either, got error 4013 on the macbook. As soon as the macbook is ready for the restore and engages the phone, the phone goes back into a booting loop and this is when I get error 4013.

I’m at a loss.

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
I am on iPhone 13, iOS 16.3.1 (fresh out or warranty).
I noticed my iPhone started rebooting by itself this morning, and when rebooting, the phone would stay stuck in a rebooting loop for a min or two (going through 6 or 7 reboots) before fully booting up. I looked at the Analytic logs and found some “Panic-full“ logs from the reboot/crash. The logs indicated “Ans2 Recoverable Panic”.

It got worse as the day progressed, currently the phone won’t completely boot up anymore and stays in the boot loop indefinitely.

At some point, I was able to get the typical screen asking me to plug the phone into a computer. I connected the phone to my macbook. The macbook detected the phone and asked to perform a restore which I initiated but that didn’t work either, got error 4013 on the macbook. As soon as the macbook is ready for the restore and engages the phone, the phone goes back into a booting loop and this is when I get error 4013.

I’m at a loss.
Try a different Apple or MFi certified cable and then a different Mac or PC to see if it allows the restore.. If you have no luck you might need to go to an Apple store to see if they can give you suggestions. Hopefully they won't just say you need a new phone 😶

Reactions: eyoungren
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.