Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JulesK

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 17, 2002
At first I thought that this was a problem with an app, but now I think it's a problem with iOS 8. On several of occasions after updating to iOS 8 (now on iOS 8.1), the app store icon on my iPad Air will indicate that an update to an app is available even though the app has been updated (e.g., I saw it happen when I updated via iTunes on my Mac). The app will show in the "Updates Available" section when you press updates in the App Store on the Air. No mater what I've tried (power off/on, reboot/restart, sign out/in of iTune & App Store, etc.), still has the same issue.

Deleting and reinstalling the app (or apps) that have "Updates Available" solves the problem, at least temporarily, but that gets old. A fresh start (Erase All Data) might work, but I'd like to avoid that.

Anyone else come across this issue?

key2

macrumors newbie
Oct 15, 2008
Yallingup Western Australia
Same issue with my MacBook Pro

App Store is showing there is an update available for Apple Remote Desktop 3.7.2 which I know is already updated to this version, when I click the update button I get the message that the update could not complete as this software is already installed.
How do I get rid of this update message, I've tried trashing the App Store prefs and restarting but it won't go away.

CB1234

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2012
Dubai, UAE
Leave it alone, it should sort it itself out... I had the same problem, twice, but miraculously it sorted itself out when new updates became available in App store.

I just have to say that both the times I had this problem, it was with Mapmywalk app... I wonder if a particular app is what causes this problem, although I can't see how it could....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.