Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sinbaad

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 19, 2014
hello guys,

here's my story i have one iphone 5 running 7.0.6 Jailbreaked

one day i updated 2 apps and downloaded one more app i think it was cam pro 2

and then after some time i was charging my iphone and i rebooted my iphone but it didnt start.

i tried to restore it (first time) and it says i have to update it to 7.1
and i downloaded a file " iPhone5,2_7.1_11D167_Restore "
now again i tried to update it so i got an itunes error i think it was error 3194

again i searched for this error then i got TinyUmbrella i started TSS server successfully and it done it work by fixing error 3194.

now itunes stuck in preparing iphone for update processing bar seems completed but nothing next.

i searched again for this issue but i got nothing helpfull..

please take a look if you guys can find anything for me.

one more thing i have read somewhere if my iphone is discharged that can be a problem i tried to charge it but it stills restarting so i dont know it charges or not.

next i am using win7
and i dont have original data cable is that the problem? i can't find one in my city.

is there any other tool to just flash it i can manage data lost.

Syndicate0017

macrumors 6502
May 3, 2013
stuck iphone 5 "preparing for update"

Just let itunes restore it to 7.1.1. 7.0.6 and 7.1 are no longer being signed. That's why you're getting the 3194 error. Restoring with tinyumbrella won't work for the i5.

sinbaad

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 19, 2014
Just let itunes restore it to 7.1.1. 7.0.6 and 7.1 are no longer being signed. That's why you're getting the 3194 error. Restoring with tinyumbrella won't work for the i5.

Ok i will try as soon as possible. but i think other are still using 7.1 and i really don't know what's this mean "no longer being signed".

can i update it through 7.1.1 firmware if i can get it somewhere ?

FatPuppy

macrumors 68000
Jul 14, 2012
Ok i will try as soon as possible. but i think other are still using 7.1 and i really don't know what's this mean "no longer being signed".

can i update it through 7.1.1 firmware if i can get it somewhere ?

Just click the restore button in itunes and it will automatically download ios 7.1.1. You can't go back to 7.1 or 7.0.6 because Apple servers won't let you . You'll also lose your jailbreak, sorry mate :(

sinbaad

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 19, 2014
Just click the restore button in itunes and it will automatically download ios 7.1.1. You can't go back to 7.1 or 7.0.6 because Apple servers won't let you . You'll also lose your jailbreak, sorry mate :(

it's ok that i will lose JB but the problem is my internet interupts before it downloads fully so again download from start.
so just asking if i can download 7.1.1 firmware ipsw and can restore it ?

and i know you are trying to help me out but just want to know how sure you are this can fix my problem ?

thanks for your time though.

FatPuppy

macrumors 68000
Jul 14, 2012
it's ok that i will lose JB but the problem is my internet interupts before it downloads fully so again download from start.

so just asking if i can download 7.1.1 firmware ipsw and can restore it ?

and i know you are trying to help me out but just want to know how sure you are this can fix my problem ?

thanks for your time though.

Yeah, download 7.1.1 and than hit shift+restore or command plus restore on mac (i m not sure for mac). The easiest way to download 7.1.1 is if you go to idownloadblog.com They have a download section for all the ios versions. MacRumors moderators, I am not trying to advertise that website, I don't own that website, I am just a simple user trying to help the OP so please don't delete this post, I guess it's against the rules to post websites here but this is a very easy way to find ios versions. OP, you can also try " getiso.com " or " ipswdownloader.com " and before doing this, put your iphone in DFU mode ( hold 10 seconds on both sleep/wake button and home button and than release the sleep/wake button and keep for another 10 seconds on home button, this way, on screen, it should appear a lightning cord and the itunes icon), let me know if you managed to do all this, good luck mate!

sinbaad

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 19, 2014
Yeah, download 7.1.1 and than hit shift+restore or command plus restore on mac (i m not sure for mac). The easiest way to download 7.1.1 is if you go to idownloadblog.com They have a download section for all the ios versions. MacRumors moderators, I am not trying to advertise that website, I don't own that website, I am just a simple user trying to help the OP so please don't delete this post, I guess it's against the rules to post websites here but this is a very easy way to find ios versions. OP, you can also try " getiso.com " or " ipswdownloader.com " and before doing this, put your iphone in DFU mode ( hold 10 seconds on both sleep/wake button and home button and than release the sleep/wake button and keep for another 10 seconds on home button, this way, on screen, it should appear a lightning cord and the itunes icon), let me know if you managed to do all this, good luck mate!

Thanks mate i got 7.1.1 ipsw file and download is going on, will let you know once it done.

sinbaad

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 19, 2014
Connect your device in DFU mode and restore. It should work.

i have tried DFU mode and i tried editing host file but it gives me error 3004 / 3194

now i am again trying using tinyUmbrella TSS server.

----------

i have tried DFU mode and i tried editing host file but it gives me error 3004 / 3194

now again same problem stucks in preparing iphone for update.

sinbaad

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 19, 2014

----------

now again same problem stucks in preparing iphone for update.

It's working its working its working back to life again.

Just edit your hosts file and DO NOT RESTART YOUR COMPUTER OR ITUNES.

REALLY REALLY THANKS TO YOU ALL..

cHEERS!!!!!

iT'S WORKING..

0xyMoron

macrumors 6502
Oct 5, 2012
California

cHEERS!!!!!

iT'S WORKING..

Great!
TinyUmbrella points your hosts to Cydia. You need to revert back to default if you don't need to use it.

koftheday

macrumors newbie
Jun 15, 2014

cHEERS!!!!!

iT'S WORKING..

I don't get it. What was the whole process? Did you used the TinyUmbrella? Edit the hosts file to what? When "DO NOT RESTART YOUR COMPUTER OR ITUNES"?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.