Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mfuentesr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 8, 2013
Mexico
Hi

I have my iPhone 5 jailbroken with iOS 6.1 and suddenly it rebooted and I got stuck in Apple boot logo for almost 5 hours. I tried restoring it putting it in recovery mode but iTunes says "This device isn't eligible for the requested build". I don't care if I need to restore it, I just want it back. I tried with volume up button, DFU mode, etc.

Thanks!

PLEASE HELP!!!!

Last edited:

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Hi

I have my iPhone 5 jailbroken with iOS 6.1 and suddenly it rebooted and I got stuck in Apple boot logo for almost 5 hours. I tried restoring it putting it in recovery mode but iTunes says "This device isn't eligible for the requested build". I don't care if I need to restore it, I just want it back. I tried with volume up button, DFU mode, etc.

Thanks!

PLEASE HELP!!!!

You can ONLY restore to iOS 6.1.4. There are currently no exceptions or workaround to this

cyber16

macrumors 6502
Jan 12, 2013
Agreed, there really is no reason for those using a GSM phone not to have a cheap backup just in case of problems if jailbreaking
Those that panic that they are without a phone maybe should not even take the slightest risk with jailbreaking.
CDMA phones a little more difficult, but a backup phone can be activated.

First thing you should do is don't panic:)
It might take many tries or take a long time but you can get it to eventually boot in safe mode by holding the up volume button.

mfuentesr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 8, 2013
Mexico
Thanks

I looked for a tutorial in YouTube and with terminal I did some fixes in iTunes so then I could restore :)

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
I looked for a tutorial in YouTube and with terminal I did some fixes in iTunes so then I could restore :)

Would you like to share what method you used to force a restore on iTunes (with or without SHSH blobs)? The restore is verified via the server so I'm not sure how you were able to trick iTunes to approve of the restoring process locally

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.