Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

being a student should i change this display or continue using it without changing?

• definitely, requires a change!!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • usable, so do not change!

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • can be fixed, so do not change!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

sri123098

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 22, 2019
macbook 1.jpg
macbook 1.jpg
macbook.jpg
this is a late 2013 macbook pro currently out of warranty and lately i dropped it on the floor where it hit the edge on one side and ever since i am getting this stuck green line in the same side of the screen.
would this line continue to grow?
is there any way to repair it? or changing the display is the only option?

trchavez416

macrumors newbie
Apr 9, 2019
View attachment 831417 View attachment 831417 View attachment 831418 this is a late 2013 macbook pro currently out of warranty and lately i dropped it on the floor where it hit the edge on one side and ever since i am getting this stuck green line in the same side of the screen.
would this line continue to grow?
is there any way to repair it? or changing the display is the only option?

It’s possible that when the computer fell, it partially unseated one or more of the display cables/antennas inside. You can try to reseat the display cables and see if that resolves the issue. If not, chances are yes, you’ll need a full display replacement.

By the way, just so you’re not wondering “Who the hell is this random ass dude telling me what to do?” I’m an ACMT/ACIT certified technician working for an Apple-Authorized service provider (AASP), and we’re actually held to higher standards than the Apple store, so I can confidently say I kinda know a little something. :D

emraha06

macrumors 6502
Dec 1, 2017
It’s possible that when the computer fell, it partially unseated one or more of the display cables/antennas inside. You can try to reseat the display cables and see if that resolves the issue. If not, chances are yes, you’ll need a full display replacement.

By the way, just so you’re not wondering “Who the hell is this random ass dude telling me what to do?” I’m an ACMT/ACIT certified technician working for an Apple-Authorized service provider (AASP), and we’re actually held to higher standards than the Apple store, so I can confidently say I kinda know a little something. :D

i have a stuck pixel on my brand new macbook pro 2019, should i offer a replecament for this

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.