Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

timnthomas85

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 15, 2016
Hey, everytime i try to start my 2011 macbook it gets stuck at this screen(see pic). Sometimes it just turns off afr a while stuck here. I have no clue, although the last time i used it i DID install a flash update. Not sure if that has anything to do with it. Anyway, im forty pages into a screenplay, i gotta get this thing back on, atleast long enough to get the file off.

Attachments

• IMG_20160615_130442.jpg
    IMG_20160615_130442.jpg
    327.6 KB · Views: 147

BeyondtheTech

macrumors 68020
Jun 20, 2007
Try resetting the NVRAM or SMC? Do a Google Search for your particular MacBook's required key combination and method.

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Nov 23, 2011
Hey, everytime i try to start my 2011 macbook it gets stuck at this screen(see pic). Sometimes it just turns off afr a while stuck here. I have no clue, although the last time i used it i DID install a flash update. Not sure if that has anything to do with it. Anyway, im forty pages into a screenplay, i gotta get this thing back on, atleast long enough to get the file off.

Possibly HDD? Hold CMD+R on startup to boot into OS X Utilities, and then try a repair through Disk Utility.

Worst case scenario, you can replace the drive and read your old HDD through a USB SATA dock. All the data should still be accessible, even if the OS isn't bootable.

Reactions: Newtons Apple
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.