Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mtyq

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 20, 2019
I am one of these people who have been desperately holding onto my iPhone 6s. With a new battery, I still believe this is one of the best, most utilitarian phones available. (Headphone jack, 3D Touch, works with AirPods, etc.)

To my dismay, my physical home button finally stopped responding about a month ago, forcing me to use the mostly-terrible "Assistive Touch "* This was going to be the thing that finally forced me to upgrade, probably to the expectedly disappointing iPhone 11. With it, I'd also be giving up my headphone jack and 3D Touch, bummer.

With the news about the iOS 12.4 Jailbreak being released in the last couple days, I jumped at the opportunity for one reason, iPhone X gestures.

There's a few apps that provide this functionality, but I opted for Neptune. Not only does this wonderful tweak completely alleviate my need for a home button, it also lets you re-assign screen shots to volume-up + lock.

I hadn't jailbroke since the iPhone 4. (I don't care much about theming or file management, I like everything to "just work" and think of my phone as a tool) but the whole jailbreaking experience (with Chimera), was straightforward and fast. Neptune has breathed new life into my dying phone. Highly recommend for anyone else in this situation.

* Pro-tip: hard-pressing the assistive touch button registers as a home button press. Might save you a millisecond. (but you should really just jailbreak while you have the chance)

vemac575

macrumors 6502
Feb 18, 2018
I am one of these people who have been desperately holding onto my iPhone 6s. With a new battery, I still believe this is one of the best, most utilitarian phones available. (Headphone jack, 3D Touch, works with AirPods, etc.)

To my dismay, my physical home button finally stopped responding about a month ago, forcing me to use the mostly-terrible "Assistive Touch "* This was going to be the thing that finally forced me to upgrade, probably to the expectedly disappointing iPhone 11. With it, I'd also be giving up my headphone jack and 3D Touch, bummer.

With the news about the iOS 12.4 Jailbreak being released in the last couple days, I jumped at the opportunity for one reason, iPhone X gestures.

There's a few apps that provide this functionality, but I opted for Neptune. Not only does this wonderful tweak completely alleviate my need for a home button, it also lets you re-assign screen shots to volume-up + lock.

I hadn't jailbroke since the iPhone 4. (I don't care much about theming or file management, I like everything to "just work" and think of my phone as a tool) but the whole jailbreaking experience (with Chimera), was straightforward and fast. Neptune has breathed new life into my dying phone. Highly recommend for anyone else in this situation.

* Pro-tip: hard-pressing the assistive touch button registers as a home button press. Might save you a millisecond. (but you should really just jailbreak while you have the chance)

Pro-tip: It's extremely easy and cheap to replace the home button.

Reactions: Sebct
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.