Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mocleasa

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 31, 2008
Hello there. I have an iphone for about 4 months.
Updated from 1.0.1 to 1.1.1, 1.1.2, 1.1.3 and last 1.1.4.

Everything worket fine and good until last week wen he crushed and wen i restarted it on the screen apeared the itunes logo.

So i conected it to itunes and tryed to restore it.
And here begined the problems.
1.1.1, 1.1.2 gives me the err code 1
1.1.3 and 1.1.4 gets stuck on waiting for iPhone.

What can i do?
Ziphone dosen't do anything. It just says wait 4'' but the screen stays with the iphone logo, not the "matrix" codes.

I tried on different computers, macs and pc with different versions of itunes

What can i do?
Please, please help me.

Applecrest156

macrumors newbie
Jun 19, 2008
same

Same thing for me, I need help, tryed everything I could do but its stupid. HELP
Hello there. I have an iphone for about 4 months.
Updated from 1.0.1 to 1.1.1, 1.1.2, 1.1.3 and last 1.1.4.

Everything worket fine and good until last week wen he crushed and wen i restarted it on the screen apeared the itunes logo.

So i conected it to itunes and tryed to restore it.
And here begined the problems.
1.1.1, 1.1.2 gives me the err code 1
1.1.3 and 1.1.4 gets stuck on waiting for iPhone.

What can i do?
Ziphone dosen't do anything. It just says wait 4'' but the screen stays with the iphone logo, not the "matrix" codes.

I tried on different computers, macs and pc with different versions of itunes

What can i do?
Please, please help me.

ellsworth

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2007
Questions???
Do your iphones start up?
Black Screen, No Screen, Apple Logo Only?

I'm pretty sure this isn't the issue, but I accidentally installed an ipod firmware on my iphone and it screwed everything up. Double check to make sure you downloaded/uploaded the correct firmware.

If you are having the same issue as I was having
Try restoring your phone again: These instructions helped out a lot:

"I PWNED MY IPHONE/IPOD WITH THE WRONG FIRMWARE! ITUNES SAYS MY IPHONE IS AN IPOD (or vice versa) WHAT CAN I DO?"

MY PHONE WON'T TURN ON! ITS REBOOTING CONSTANTLY! I HAVE CONSTANTLY SCROLLING TEXT! and ANY OTHER ISSUE WHERE PHONE IS NON RESPONSIVE

You can fix this!

Put your phone into DFU mode. You can do this by pressing and holding the sleep and home button for 10 seconds WHILST THE USB CABLE IS CONNECTED AND ITUNES RUNNING from when the Apple logo appears until it dissapears and then KEEP holding the home button but let go of the sleep button - the screen will stay off but iTunes will recognise the phone.

If you have trouble getting DFU mode use Independence/ iLiberty+ to put your phone into DFU mode!

If your phone is not recognised by Independence/ iLiberty+ you will have to manually put it in DFU - this CAN be tricky to time right but eventually you WILL get it!

Restore to apple original firmware and you can start over again!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.